cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow response on the console

Jump to solution

I am running ENS 5.10 and the console has been extremely slow to respond the last few days. Any ideas to help speed things up?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: slow response on the console

Jump to solution

My supervisor logged into the HV server that the ePO resides on and increased the memory. This resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
rfranci
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi @User68214094 ,

Thankyou for reaching us on community !

Can you please conform whether it is EPO 5.10 or ENS 10.5 ?

If you are referring to ENS 10.5, i would first recommend you to update to the latest version of ENS. Because ENS 10.5 has reached EOL (End of life ) and 'end of support' on 11/12/2020.
So, you will have to update to ENS 10.6.1 or 10.7 version of ENS . 

- Rohit Francis
Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query

Jump to solution

It is EPO 5.10 version 10

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi @User68214094,

Moved this post to ePO Forum where the respective product experts can help you with your queries/issues.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

Please open a ticket with McAfee for that, as slowness issues require a lot of diagnostic info.  Provide the following info also for describing the slowness...

how slow is slow (when I do X it takes so many minutes or seconds)

Which pages are affected, is it intermittent, consistent, does it go away after a certain time, specific users affected, are you using default columns in system tree and if not, does issue go away if you use default columns?  Any additional details you can provide describing the issue will be very helpful. Also, when did issue start, did anything change?  

Additionally, this is for what data to gather.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB78219

I would include sql error logs also.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

If I hit refresh it takes between 30 seconds and 1 1/2 minutes to complete. The servers are set to update every 30 minutes, but sometimes the delay is up to 2 hours. It normally happens when there is heavy traffic on the system, beginning around 0800. This may sound typical, but it only started a couple of days ago.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

How many systems are you managing?  What is your asci (communication interval) set to?  I can tell you right now that every 30 minutes is way too frequent.  We only update dats and content once a day and at the most, I would set updates to run every 4 hours.  Anything can tip things over the edge, such as policy changes that might generate more events, malware events, task or deployment changes, etc.  As for asci, I wouldn't set it more frequent than every hour, but even that might be too much, depending on how many systems you are managing and other factors.  

Keep in mind that with every update and deployment task, the client still has to connect to the repository to pull down detection scripts for every product listed in the tasks, so there are always bandwidth considerations with that.  Also, how many tasks you have can affect it and whether randomization is enabled or not.  And, with every task run, the agent also sends and event for the status of the task.  It is also affected by whether you have distributed repositories or not, if they are even being utilized properly, and if you have any agent handlers.  All that traffic can affect performance, as with every asci, every event, etc, there are also connections to the database to insert those into the database.  The fact that you mention issue occurs with heavy traffic is a good indication your agents are doing too much too often.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

I have tweaked it recently with the help of a McAfee engineer. We are managing about 20,000 systems. It normally communicates every 30 min, if I used the word update, I am sorry. Update frequency is out of my hands and I just work within the parameters set up by my chain of command.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

That is still a little too frequent communication and any one of us would tell you not to set things so frequently.  You many be able to look at assigned client tasks to see what is assigned and its schedule, but in the long run I would suggest opening a ticket with McAfee.  We can gather performance data for asci/events parsed per second, etc. to determine where the problems lie.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

I have already done so

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community