Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Permission Set to Create Exception from HIPS Events

I have a question regarding permission sets.

None of our site ePO administrators are able to create an exception to an IPS event.

The global administrators can go to Reporting / Host IPS / Select an event / Click Create Exceptions and the Select A Destination Policy window pops up.  However, a site administrator performing the same steps gets the error "No available target policies".

I'm sure there is a permission that is not configured correctly, but I can't find it.

Can anyone assist?

We are running ePO 4.0

Agent 4.0.0.1494

HIPS 7.0.0.1070

Thanks!

2 Replies
harris_s
Level 9
Message 2 of 3

Re: Permission Set to Create Exception from HIPS Events

Hi, did you ever solve this issue, I have the same problem.  Mainly due to the lack of documentation for HIPS for ePO 4.5.  I'm finding caveats and little configs which are 'supposed' to be done/setup but aren't documented, i.e. permissions sets etc.

Message was edited by: harris_s on 18/10/10 10:11:13 CDT
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3

Re: Permission Set to Create Exception from HIPS Events

The site admins can only add exceptions to policies that they have created.  So either the global admin needs to add the exception or the site admin needs to duplicate the policy he/she wants to modify.  Hope that helps.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community