Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 151 of 194

Re: W32/Wecorl.a 0-day?

Wow...

A little over 24 hours since I made this post, and there's almost 150 replies and over 70,000 views.

I assume that like me, everyone is in repair mode right now and getting machines running is their top priority.  However, when this is all over I expect McAfee to have some straight answers for me.

I expect them to explain clearly how a mistake of this magnitude managed to happen in the first place.  Then I want to know how it slipped past QA.

Finally, I have lost a lot of faith in McAfee's products.  I need them to show me why I should continue to use their products when the largest and most destructive "virus" outbreak we have had in 8 years was actually caused by my anti-virus vendor.

Message was edited by: CrazyFingers on 4/22/10 12:26:25 PM CDT
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 152 of 194

I completely agree. My team and I have been working over 24 hours straight to restore our hospitals computers, all 1300+. McAfee you crewed up royally and that's just not acceptable.  We pay you lots of money to keep our systems safe and the worst virus outbreak we've seen actually came from you,  amazing!

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 153 of 194

This is the final straw with McAfee. They have had issues with preventing the "Antivirus2010" malware and now this comes up. I had called their tech support a few months ago concerning the Antivirus2010 malware and they said they are having a hard time stopping it as the code gets rewitten everyday. So, our company (over 1500 PCs) has been testing Norton AV and so far no viruses or malware has infected us. We will DEFINITELY not renew our McAfee license when it expires this December. This was the final straw with them. Lack of testing, lack of quality control in releasing the 5958 DAT without even testing on ONE PC? What up with that McAfee? We want answers, not that you're just "sorry". I am sorry I ever bought your product in the first place!!

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 154 of 194

What piss me off there too is the lies of Barry Mc Pherson, he says that 0,5% of CUSTOMERS are affected, all around me, in professional or personnal environment people using mc afee are in real trouble. Why not admit  that MOST of companies have been impacted ? Ah yeah that's usual political BS... *rolleyes*

Edit: Btw the fixing tool "SuperDAT remediation Tool" doesn't work, the genius at Mc afee probably don't know  that the directory "common files" has different names depending of the windows language...

Ce message a été modifié par: connard on 23/04/10 04:55:15 CDT
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 155 of 194

Hi

Would you please (re)visit knowledgebase article KB68780 - False positive detection of w32/wecorl.a in 5958 DAT. This is constantly being updated to deal with feedback.

HTH

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 156 of 194

Hello;

Like everyone here I'm concern with this problem. I have a huge problem is that I cannot copy paste things one my infect computer.

I can just run it and that's all.

I'm waiting for more informations from your company, and if you may give me (and to other too) information in some other languages like in french in my case I would be really thankful.

Thanks

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 157 of 194

If you are unable to copy and paste, could you please try to do so from the command line?

HTH

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 158 of 194

Could you explain me how to do it from the command line??? Not all your client are computer scientist...

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 159 of 194

Olivelolive,

Try this document it might help you (see attachment on this post).

Regards,

Jose

pg13
Level 9
Message 160 of 194

olivelolive: As-tu démarré en mode sans échec ? Beaucoup de choses se mettent à fonctionner lorsqu'on démarre en mode sans échec.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community