cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

McAfee disappears when hover mouse pointer on it and sometimes there are multiple icon on taskbar.

hello there,

Our organization uses McAfee 8.7i (recently upgraded), and it is working properly on most of the systems, but some systems have unusual problem like when system starts there are multiple V shaped icon on the taskbar but when user hovers mouse pointer on it is disappears, even Virus scan console doesnot open.

we tried uninstalling but not successed......

please help.......

Thanks in advance.

11 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 12

Re: McAfee disappears when hover mouse pointer on it and sometimes there are multiple icon on taskbar.

Hi ,

Moving your thread to virus scan 8.7 section , where you will get help soon from our Enterprise product experts.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

Consumer Version Products

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 12

Re: McAfee disappears when hover mouse pointer on it and sometimes there are multiple icon on taskbar.

please provide solution on this as now some more systems have this problem,..

awating your reply..........

thanks in advance

Regards,

Pravin Phate

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 12

Pravin,

Could you please provide the following details :-

1} Which OS are you currently using ?

2} What is the Patch of the VSE 8.7i you are running on computers ?

3} Does this issue happen randomly or when the computer boots up or resumes from sleep/hibernation ?

Thank you

Sameer

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 12

Hi Sameer,

thank you for your interest in my post.....

below are the required details

1} Vista

2} Patch 3

3} when computer boots up, after that McAfee icon is not visible.

Message was edited by: pravinphate on 11/5/10 11:32:32 PM CDT
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 12

any update on this, some of the systems from my oganisation still facing this problem.

Regards,

Pravin Phate

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 12

Hi I also get exactly same error as mentioned by Pravinphate. could you please provide me the solution.

This is with my new DELL laptop, i5, Windows7. is there any compatibility issue?

solution for this is highly appreciated.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 8 of 12

Hi,

Please upgrade to Patch 4 for VSE 8.7i which is out now.

Hopefully this should resolve the issue you are having.

Thank you

Sameer

Hem
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 12

Is the machine standalone or ePO managed?

If ePO managed then make sure that  you have checked the box 'show the McAfee tray icon (windows only)'.

Do you see M icon when open the agent monitor window (CmdAgent.exe /s) and click on tabs (1- collect and send props, 2- enforce policies etc).

For Win7 machines, I understand that there will be compatibility issue.

Normally people upgrade the software package but missed to upgrade its extensions. Make sure that you have upgraded the extension file as per the support statement (recently for VSE, we have patch4 and for agent, we have MA 4.0 patch3 and MA 4.5).

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 10 of 12

Hi Sameer,

is this "Patch 4" is available for free to upgrade since I already have VSE?

If yes were can I download this?

Thanks,

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community