Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 22

Re: Site Advisor blocks Firefox Tab

Jump to solution

Ex_Brit - Thanks a lot and sincerest apologies; I didn't realise there were different versions of Site Advisor as a Google Search brought me to this page and so I just went off the OP's topic header.

I now see the discussion tree at the top points embarassingly to this to be the Home and Home Office section of the Forum.

If you could move it into the correct section I'd be most grateful.

Thanks to everyone for your kind help and suggestions.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 12 of 22

Jump to solution

...Oh and a quick look at the 'About' box gives me these versions:

McAfee Agent (ver. 4.8.0.641)

McAfee SiteAdvisor Enterprise (ver. 3.5.0724)

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Enterprise (ver. 8.8.0.975)

Thanks.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 13 of 22

Jump to solution

...oh and last thing - 'Let Windows choose what's best for my computer' is indeed the current setting.

Thanks again for all your help Ex_Brit et al.

Jump to solution

No problem 😉   Have moved this provisionally to SiteAdvisor Enterprise and hope someone here will know what's what.  Good luck.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 15 of 22

Jump to solution

Try turning your menu bar back on - the Site Advisor should move out of the way.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 16 of 22

Jump to solution

@jfreilly3 - Good work; that does the trick and now tabs are way below Site Advisor.  A shame this now makes the top of the browser look a bit cluttered but I'll always champion functionality over aesthetics!

I know I'm not the OP but I can confirm that jfreilly3's solution fixes/resolves the issue.

Thanks again to everyone for your kind help.

Paul

Message was edited by: mulgie on 24/04/13 05:12:11 CDT
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 17 of 22

Jump to solution

I'm sorry, but this doesn't seem like an acceptable solution.  No browser displays the menu bar by default anymore and who wants an entire line taken up by the menu bar?  Does anyone have a better solution?

toolbar.png

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 18 of 22

Jump to solution

I am uninterested in adding the Firefox toolbar as it's not part of the default setup. A browser is a personal thing, important to daily activities, and your software makes using Firefox difficult. Note, I'm on an enterprise box w/o admin privileges and running McAfee SiteAdvisor Enterprise v3.5.0.1021.

McAfee, have you opened an issue to address this irritating, substandard behavior?

on 4/15/14 11:09:19 AM CDT
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 19 of 22

Jump to solution

In Firefox View/Toolbars/Customize, select either the Title Bar or the Menu Bar and the McAfee Site Advisor will move up (away from the tabs). The Title Bar is the better of the two options since it is a little shorter.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 20 of 22

Jump to solution

Thanks, this works but it circumvents Firefox' newest design language that saves vertical space in ridding itself of the menu bar. In other words, it's an ugly, band-aid solution.

McAfee should design a solution that is compatible w/ Firefox' design without crippling the user experience.

If it were my choice, I would never use SiteAdvisor because it's so disrespectful. But hey, I don't have a choice. What are McAffee's plans to fix this?

Message was edited by: innov8ion on 6/10/14 5:14:03 PM CDT
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community