1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2017 3:46 PM by Peacekeeper

New version destroyed computer

rcturnock@gmail.com

I am confident in saying that the new version of McAfee Total Protection made my computer unusable.

I went through this twice, once it happened I restored a previous OS save but it happened again. Coincident with the new version of Total Protect. Opening a folder takes 80 seconds.

I used the removal tool but the problem remained. When I checked it turned out the McAfee software was still loading. I did another removal in safe mode and the problem went away.

I have previously spent three hours on the phone trying to figure out why McAfee blocks my backups - but no solution.

I have to sat that McAfee is way more problem than its worth. I also mention that the new version immediately identified a bunch og .PUPs that the older version did not. Gee thinks for wrecking my computer to tell me you weren't doing your job.

Nothing but trouble. It never found a virus in all the time I used it when VirsuTotal did!

t

1 2 Previous Next