5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2009 3:34 AM by JillesRetera

EPO 4 and Network Discovery - Domain/Workgroup

Afternoon all,

Long time user, first time poster.

Hoping somebody may have already come across my issue before i spend 6 hours trying to find a solution.

To my joy i have recently aquired a new server so i have just freshly installed EPO + updates, setup all the basics, ran in packages etc... in preperation for deployment.

The issue i have is with Network Discovery. Bare with me while i try and explain my network setup a little for you.

The EPO server sits within a Domain (Lets say DomainX) and the intended recipients do not, they are all setup with basic Workgroup settings.

So i have numerous amounts of Sites (500+) all with their devices setup as Workgroup funnily enough all being called Workgroup.

Just to clarify at this point i have 500+ sites all setup as Workgroup which is connected to the domain and then the EPO server is located in another portion of the network under DomainX.

Question being.... How can i setup a network discovery within EPO 4 to discover these?

Whenever i setup an NT/AD Network Discovery and browse the domain list i can see Workgroup appear in the list but when i select this and scan i get a message stating "Cannot connect to Workgroup".

Within EPO 3.5 i simply setup groups with IP filters and that was it, however the EPO server was located within a different domain to that which my new one does now.

Any ideas, suggestions are welcome...

I will carry on playing around in the meantime.