This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
please check if agent on this system communicate with your ePo server, successfully registered and show on ePo console.
if yes - post epo agent log here.
It's a long time I started this post. But a time ago I found out the reason
for this behavior. And for all the other admins here is my solution:
The reason that the clients not communicating with ePO after re-imaging
the system was the presence of a older McAfee agent and scanner. This
image was created ( by another department ) before the upgrade from
ePO 3.x to ePO 4.0.
I made a script witch I executed with psexec on the remote system.
The first line is to un-install McAfee Scanner. In my case 8.0:
MSIEXEC /x %SETUPFILES%\vse800.msi /quiet
After the uninstall I re-installed the McAfee Agent:
NET STOP "McAfee Framework Service"
%SETUPFILES%\FramePkg.exe /ForceUnInstall /SILENT
%SETUPFILES%\FramePkg.exe /instdir="C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework" /Install=agent /ForceInstall /SILENT
"%ProgramFiles%\McAfee\Common Framework\CmdAgent.exe" /p /e /c
And after this procedure the client is managed by ePO.
BUT !!!!!!!! There is a new imaged created without the scanner and agent. And after putting this image back on a system, a few minutes later McAfee agent is deployed and right after that VSE is also deployed. But the script was my work-a-round.