7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2009 5:07 PM by zenlakin RSS

command line options

I am using ePO version 8.5 and in our environment we are currently moving workstations over to the new system from a previous 8.0 system and are having some issues after the policy is applied the workstation are not pulling down the .dat updates and in the agent log there are entries that just say "No package received from ePO server". Unless anyone has any suggestions we have noticed that this appears to be a resident registry entry from the 8.0 install that for some reason doesn't get removed and it has to be deleted manually. I am thinking that when we deploy the new version of ePO to these workstations we should be able to add a command line entry and deletes the registry entry we no longer need. Something like this: REG DELETE "\\.\HKLM\Software\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\VIRUSCAN8000" /f. This issue I have come across is that if I enter that into the command line box and click save and then go back to check in the configuration tab of that task, everything after the REG DELETE is gone. Just curious if anyone has had similar issues and if you have found some solutions? Also, LAN desk was an obvious thought for making this registry change but it was promptly turned down my management so I need to find a different alternative to getting this entry removed from the registry.
        • 1. RE: command line options
          pwolfe
          I am using ePO version 8.5 and in our environment we are currently moving workstations over to the new system from a previous 8.0 system and are having some issues after the policy is applied the workstation are not pulling down the .dat updates and in the agent log there are entries that just say "No package received from ePO server". Unless anyone has any suggestions we have noticed that this appears to be a resident registry entry from the 8.0 install that for some reason doesn't get removed and it has to be deleted manually. I am thinking that when we deploy the new version of ePO to these workstations we should be able to add a command line entry and deletes the registry entry we no longer need. Something like this: REG DELETE "\\.\HKLM\Software\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\VIRUSCAN8000" /f. This issue I have come across is that if I enter that into the command line box and click save and then go back to check in the configuration tab of that task, everything after the REG DELETE is gone. Just curious if anyone has had similar issues and if you have found some solutions? Also, LAN desk was an obvious thought for making this registry change but it was promptly turned down my management so I need to find a different alternative to getting this entry removed from the registry.
          ##########################################################

EPO 4 Or EPO 3.5 ...Mcafee AntiVirus 8.5 Enterprise?
          Upgrading AV 8.0 To AV 8.5 ???
          Upgrading AV 3.5 To 4????

You Shouldnt have to delete this key.
          The EPO Agent is in charge. of these...If The Package has been removed from You're EPO Server they Should Be taken care of on the Agent (Client) Side accordingly)
          • 2. RE: command line options
            We are using ePO 4.0, Agent v4.0, VE 8.5, and Antispy v8.5. The issue is that the workstations in question were not originally pointing to our ePO server. They were pointing to a different organization with their own ePO setup and when ours when into production we started sending out our framepackage to install and after our install that is where we are running into these issues.
            • 3. RE: command line options
              Nobody has any ideas? I was curious the more I was thinking about it, are you able to run those type of commands from ePO or is the command line option only for commands such as mcupdate.exe and stuff like that?
              • 4. RE: command line options

"binas"=-
                "binap"=-
                "binsp"=-

but generally speaking its strange that you have desktop management tool installed and need to find other solution.

and VSE8.5 upgrade VSE8.0 for me without any issue..
                • 5. RE: command line options
                  Thanks for the response jokerv. I am needing to do this remotely and this issue is affecting about 1,500 + machines at various locations. I was hoping that maybe there was a way to execute a reg delete command at the time the agent or policy was deployed within ePO? Or maybe create a task within ePO to accomplish the reg delete? Is that possible?
                  • 6. RE: command line options
                    Login script?
                    WMI script?

doubt if its possible to done with McAfee agent, theoretically you can do this with NAC client if deployed, but I never done it this way (issue with non English OS support).
                    • 7. RE: command line options
                      I will have to look into WMI script as I am not familiar with that but in my environment unfortunately there is a lot of politics and requests to have a login script deployed in addition to using lan desk to remove the registry entry we need to has been promptly denied. That is why I have been looking for another solution to this issue.