Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
2001 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2009 5:07 PM by zenlakin RSS
zenlakin Newcomer 11 posts since
Jan 16, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 30, 2009 6:29 PM

command line options

I am using ePO version 8.5 and in our environment we are currently moving workstations over to the new system from a previous 8.0 system and are having some issues after the policy is applied the workstation are not pulling down the .dat updates and in the agent log there are entries that just say "No package received from ePO server". Unless anyone has any suggestions we have noticed that this appears to be a resident registry entry from the 8.0 install that for some reason doesn't get removed and it has to be deleted manually. I am thinking that when we deploy the new version of ePO to these workstations we should be able to add a command line entry and deletes the registry entry we no longer need. Something like this: REG DELETE "\\.\HKLM\Software\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\VIRUSCAN8000" /f. This issue I have come across is that if I enter that into the command line box and click save and then go back to check in the configuration tab of that task, everything after the REG DELETE is gone. Just curious if anyone has had similar issues and if you have found some solutions? Also, LAN desk was an obvious thought for making this registry change but it was promptly turned down my management so I need to find a different alternative to getting this entry removed from the registry.
  • pwolfe Newcomer 56 posts since
    Jan 22, 2009
    1. Jan 30, 2009 6:51 PM (in response to zenlakin)
    RE: command line options
    I am using ePO version 8.5 and in our environment we are currently moving workstations over to the new system from a previous 8.0 system and are having some issues after the policy is applied the workstation are not pulling down the .dat updates and in the agent log there are entries that just say "No package received from ePO server". Unless anyone has any suggestions we have noticed that this appears to be a resident registry entry from the 8.0 install that for some reason doesn't get removed and it has to be deleted manually. I am thinking that when we deploy the new version of ePO to these workstations we should be able to add a command line entry and deletes the registry entry we no longer need. Something like this: REG DELETE "\\.\HKLM\Software\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\VIRUSCAN8000" /f. This issue I have come across is that if I enter that into the command line box and click save and then go back to check in the configuration tab of that task, everything after the REG DELETE is gone. Just curious if anyone has had similar issues and if you have found some solutions? Also, LAN desk was an obvious thought for making this registry change but it was promptly turned down my management so I need to find a different alternative to getting this entry removed from the registry.
    ##########################################################

EPO 4 Or EPO 3.5 ...Mcafee AntiVirus 8.5 Enterprise?
    Upgrading AV 8.0 To AV 8.5 ???
    Upgrading AV 3.5 To 4????

You Shouldnt have to delete this key.
    The EPO Agent is in charge. of these...If The Package has been removed from You're EPO Server they Should Be taken care of on the Agent (Client) Side accordingly)
  • Newcomer 37 posts since
    Jan 29, 2009
    4. Feb 3, 2009 1:48 PM (in response to zenlakin)

"binas"=-
    "binap"=-
    "binsp"=-

but generally speaking its strange that you have desktop management tool installed and need to find other solution.

and VSE8.5 upgrade VSE8.0 for me without any issue..

======
    Production - 6000 nodes ,15 countries, 60+ locations
    Epo 4 patch 4
    VSE 8.0 P16 - 8.5 P8 - 8.7 SP2
    AS 8.0-8.5-8.7
    NAC 3.01 - 3.1.1
    RSD 2 patch 2
    Policy Auditor 5.1
    SiteAdvisor 1.5-2 Plus
    HIPS 7 patch 4
    Safeboot 5.1.7
    DLP 2.2 patch 2 - 3.0
  • Newcomer 37 posts since
    Jan 29, 2009
    6. Feb 4, 2009 12:44 PM (in response to zenlakin)
    Login script?
    WMI script?

doubt if its possible to done with McAfee agent, theoretically you can do this with NAC client if deployed, but I never done it this way (issue with non English OS support).

======
    Production - 6000 nodes ,15 countries, 60+ locations
    Epo 4 patch 4
    VSE 8.0 P16 - 8.5 P8 - 8.7 SP2
    AS 8.0-8.5-8.7
    NAC 3.01 - 3.1.1
    RSD 2 patch 2
    Policy Auditor 5.1
    SiteAdvisor 1.5-2 Plus
    HIPS 7 patch 4
    Safeboot 5.1.7
    DLP 2.2 patch 2 - 3.0