2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2017 8:06 AM by petedc

ePO 5.1.2 - No longer can generate a New Agent Package

petedc

I can no longer create an Agent Package from my Production ePO 5.1.2.  We have been on this version of ePO for several months and have been able to generate a package and have done so several times since upgrading to 5.1.2
      BUT this function has stopped working sometime recently.

FYI, I have a test ePO that is setup the same as this Production machine and the Test ePO still works fine and generates the Agent Package.

Here is what I normally do to generate the package;

Click on System Tree / New Systems

Select “Create and download agent installation package”

Select from the drop down the McAfee Agent for Windows 5.0.4 (Previous)

Click OK

There is normally a slight pause here after clicking OK while the package is being generated but now it’s immediately going to a screen showing;

And it just sits there with no package being generated or at least no where I can find.

Refreshing the screen has no effect at all other than to redisplay the same screen.

There are no packages being imported or checked in and there is no unixpkg.exe running.

This agent has been on this server for several months and I have generated this Agent Package several time previously.

What else can I check to find out why this is happening.

p.s. I can go to the D:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\Previous\EPOAGENT3000\Install\0409 and get the FramePkg.exe BUT when I need to customize it I am not able to do so until this is figured out.

If you are in need of any further information please let me know.

Thanks, Pete

• 1. Re: ePO 5.1.2 - No longer can generate a New Agent Package
          tkinkead

If you haven't already tried it, I would suggest recycling the ePO services or rebooting the server and trying again.  You said it's been going for several months, so I'm guessing the server has been rebooted, but it was worth checking.  Beyond that,

- Do you have the latest Agent extension checked in?

- What happens if you try to build a different version of the Agent from a different branch?

- Have you tried deleting the Agent installation package out of the Previous branch and re-uploading it?

- Have you tried a different web browser, or tried accessing the ePO web console with a different workstation?

• 2. Re: ePO 5.1.2 - No longer can generate a New Agent Package
            petedc

- Do you have the latest Agent extension checked in?

5.0.4.104 is the extension for 5.0.4.283 and it is installed.

- What happens if you try to build a different version of the Agent from a different branch?

No change, same issue

- Have you tried deleting the Agent installation package out of the Previous branch and re-uploading it?

No have not tried this

- Have you tried a different web browser, or tried accessing the ePO web console with a different workstation?

Tried IE and FF no change, same issue.

I did some digging to verify when the server had last been restarted and noticed the server had not rebooted in 68 days, its supposed to be on a routine 30 day restart schedule so I guess that's not working.

So instead of rebooting the server I first tried recycling the 3 ePO services.

At first this did not help, but after about 15-20 minutes I am now able to generate the Agent Package.

Glad I asked this question because I had not even thought about the cycling of the services having anything to do with this AND I also found out our auto-restart system is not working properly.

Thanks, Pete