6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2009 5:40 AM by JoeBidgood

Task with Scripts

Hi

Has anyone an idea, how I can create ePO Task with other commands to execute?

Thank's in advance for your help, cheers

Checco
        • 1. RE: Task with Scripts
          metalhead
          There is an option to run a command after a DAT update in the McAfee agent policies.
          • 2. RE: Task with Scripts
            Do you know if there are any limitation? For example bat files should go ok, but vbs are also ok? Or do I have to type cscript script.vbs to make it work?
            • 3. RE: Task with Scripts
              metalhead
              If you only type the vbs filename Windows should take care to start the correkt application. But you can also specify one, just try this with one test PC. I have only done this with an exe file and paramater - this worked well. But keep in mind that no system variables like %programfilesdir% will work, only absolute paths.
              • 4. RE: Task with Scripts
                Hi

Thank's for your reply, you mean under McAfee Agent / Updates/ "Post-update options"?

But this can't not be scheduled!

Cheers, Checco
                • 5. Re: RE: Task with Scripts

If you can't get to the environment variables, how else could one get machine name?

Here's what I'm thinking:

Create/SetTag: "OldEEPC" when EEPC Version <5.1.9

Task: DATupdateOldEEPC, assign to machines with Tag = OldEEPC

In DATupdateOldEEPC:

assgin a batch job which has:

copy "c:\program files\McAfee...\sbclientlog.txt" \\server\share\LogFiles\%computername%.sbclientlog.txt

So now I can see all my log files in one folder.

But...I need some sort of unique identifier for each machine, so they don't overwrite each other. Can I get the name from EPO somehow?

• 6. Re: RE: Task with Scripts
                    JoeBidgood

Hi...

Maybe extract it from HKey_Local_Machine\CurrentControlSet\Control\ComputerName\ActiveComputerName ?

Regards -

Joe