4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2017 3:56 PM by cudaisa

ePO 5.3.2 Policy Catalog Issue

cudaisa

One of my Policy Catalog product categories seems to be suffering from a case of the gones. The product in question is VSE 8.8 and the category is the On-Access Default Processes Policies. None of the other products and their associated categories appears to be acting in this way, and all I can find that may be related to the current issue seems to be an old forum post back from ePO 4.5 in 2009. I'm working with ePO in a Chrome browser build 56.0.2924.87 (if that's of any value), and a co-worker of mine is experiencing the same problem. I'll note that the problematic product/policy pair is perfectly functional in IE 11 version 11.0.9600.18537. Anyway, a screen shot of the problem is listed below:

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions!

• 1. Re: ePO 5.3.2 Policy Catalog Issue
          tao

For giggles, try running Chrome in incognito - bypassing any browser extensions (as long as the toggle for allow in incognito isn't toggled on for the extension)

• 2. Re: ePO 5.3.2 Policy Catalog Issue
            cudaisa

Thanks for the input, but I figured out what it was.

As it would turn out, ePO (per McAfee) is designed to work best with Internet Explorer. Chrome, and I would guess Firefox as well, will work on and off depending on what version you are running, but my version (the latest as of this writing: 56.0.2924.87) does not play nicely with ePO in all aspects. The ultimate solution, apart from using IE as a web browser, was to simply zoom in and zoom out again to get the rest of the page to appear. This wasn't a complete fix, as none of the radio buttons or check boxes showed as filled, but it did get all of the fields to show again.

• 3. Re: ePO 5.3.2 Policy Catalog Issue
              johnmoe

FWIW, I use ePO 5.3.2 with Chrome, and don't see that issue.  I'm running Chrome v57.0.2987.98, and when I checked my Chrome version, it's downloading an update, so there are newer versions available.

• 4. Re: ePO 5.3.2 Policy Catalog Issue
                cudaisa

I'm sure YMMV with this kinda issue, but from what I understood per the conversation with McAfee you may get small inconsistencies like the initial problem I was having when using Chrome. I only mentioned the link between ePO display issues and Chrome because it came straight from the horse's mouth. As of this writing I am now on Chrome v. 57.0.2987.110 and still having the same issue, but IE is working fine.