This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
The issue has been resolved but not the way that was ideal.
On the machine where the Access Denied message was, I had to perform the following;
1. Uninstall All McAfee Software (leaving the agent) through Add/Remove Programs
2. Run the following command "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrmInst.exe /FORCEUNINSTALL"
3. Open 'regedit' and remove any of the following if they exist;
4. Delete Folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee
5. Delete Folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Network Associates
6. Delete File C:\Windows\FramePkg.exe
7. Reboot the server (not sure if this is required, but I did just to make sure everything was flushed out of memory as well.)
Once the computer is back up attempt to Deploy the agent again from the ePO server. The logfile for the ePO server is located at C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Logs\EpoApSrv.log so if you further have any issues you can check there.
You can also enable verbose logging for the ePO server by performing adding the following; REG_DWORD:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\LogLevel"
FYI: Depending on the error you are having, verbose logging doesn't provide any information regarding the error. In my case it just told me that Access was Denied err=5, yet I can copy files and push updates to that server, just not deploy the agent.