4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2017 10:27 AM by nahassk

Drive encryption

nahassk

hi all ,

i have  a problem with my  laptop and i need your help please beacause  i have  a  very important data  on it .

the problem is :

i have  Mcafee encyption ,

i can access whith my logon and password  with success on Mcafee window but the laptop restart automaticly when i clic  on  ''start windows normally ''

please i need to remove the encyption  from drive to get possibility to repair the my hard disk .

please  i need your support soon as possible  to get back my data .

regards

kamal

• 1. Re: Drive encryption
          jhall2

Please contact your IT department for assistance as you will need the DETech tool and a code that is not available publicly.

• 2. Re: Drive encryption
            nahassk

hi jhall2 ,

thank you  for  your repons  ,

we tryy  DETech tool and a code but  we dont have  the  file .xml

we try  a lot of  solution  for  that  but same problem

• 3. Re: Drive encryption
              jhall2

You will not need the XML file as you can authenticate with your username and password. Be sure that the disk you are using is the correct one for the boot type of the system and how the system is encrypted. From ePO, find the system and click on it, click the drive encryption tab and select "More". Look for "Firmware Type" and "Encryption Provider". There are 4 combonations that could be seen:

PC Software / BIOS - DETech Stand Alone

PC Software / UEFI - DETech Stand Alone UEFI

PC Opal / BIOS - DEOpalTech Stand Alone

PC Opal / UEFI - DEOpalTech WinPE

You must ensure that you are using the correct disk. All of these disks can be created with the EZPE utility found here: The EZPE Builder for Data Recovery

Once you have confirmed you have the correct disk, you will need to authorize with the code of the day and authenticate with your username and password then click "Remove DE" to start decrypting the system.

• 4. Re: Drive encryption
                nahassk

we try hard to get the XML file ,  i have  a steps  to get this file  but  i get an  error  message '' no information''