1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2017 9:44 AM by cybercop

can't uninstall

cnorton

We no longer have the requirement for Endpoint, and I would like to migrate to viruscan, but my install keeps failing.  McAfee complains, about having endpoint installed. I ran the uninstaller, and searched the pc for remminants, but still no luck.

Any listings of traces left behind after an uninstall...of Endpoint anywhere..?

• 1. Re: can't uninstall
          tao

Did you run the command-line uninstaller or uninstaller through ePO?  This may help: Uninstalling Endpoint Security 10

• 2. Re: can't uninstall
            cnorton

thanks for responding, not using a ePO server...it was installed by mistake, on a standalone air gaped system. Now, trying to put Viruscan back on and it complains, that Endpoint is already installed.  Even though, I have performed, all of the steps to remove it.

• 3. Re: can't uninstall
              fabhoo

Try this:

- Run MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab and fix all installation issues related to ENS (try to uninstall). Download it here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs- from-being-installed-or-removed

- Run McAfee MCPR.exe to clean the system from all McAfee software (it seems like it isn't working with every product)

- Restart the system, now all ENS processes / services are no longer running. Delete every McAfee remnants (folders, regkeys)

Then try to install VSE again.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: can't uninstall
                exbrit

MCPR wont work, it is is for consumer (retail) products only. FYI

There are no such tools for Enterprise products

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: can't uninstall
                  fabhoo

Thanks Peter, I didn't know that.

• 6. Re: can't uninstall
                    wjmarche

If you successfully uninstall ENS through the control panel (and there is any other product in your system), reboot the system, and then execute run: regedit.exe and delete any entry that starts with *mfe, or named McAfee and Network Associates (make sure to make a backup before making the modification):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ (check from the top if there is any McAfee remains)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6232NOTE

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SYSTEM\ControlSet\Services*

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services*

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services*

Then, check the following folder:

%programdata%\McAfee

%appdata%\McAfee

%temp%\McAfee

C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee

C:\Program Files\McAfee

C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McAfee

C:\Windows\Temp\McAfeeLogs

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\(any entry with mfe)

Now, reboot once again, and try to install VSE 8.8p8 (if the system is Win10 patch anniversary).

Regards,

Wilfredo

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: can't uninstall
                      cnorton

Thank you everyone, I have performed all of these steps, but I will again.  To make sure..

I will keep you posted.

• 8. Re: can't uninstall
                        frank_enser

Hi,

contact McAfee Support and ask for the "McAfee Removal Tool". It can remove nearly all McAfee Enterprise products from Windows OS.

Regards,

Frank

• 9. Re: can't uninstall
                          cnorton

The McAfee Removal tool only works when using an ePO.  I have removed just about all of the traces except some registry items marked "SIGN...not sure if I should remove these...anyone know what these are?

1 2 Previous Next