5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2009 1:22 PM by Raj909

Moving ePO web front-end

Quitch
      I need to migrate the web front-end from one server to another. Is it literally an install, patch, point at DB and run?
        • 1. RE: Moving ePO web front-end
          Quitch
          It would seem not because a new DB is created by the installer, so I'm guessing that you'd need to backup the DB, uninstall the old ePO and delete the DB, install the new DB and restore the DB from your backup. You'd also need to restore the agent keys.

In my case the Agent to Server communication port is changing so I'm thinking I'm going to need to redeploy the agents, but how can I ensure that every computer gets a new agent pushed out to it without wiping out the database and starting over?
          • 2. RE: Moving ePO web front-end
            Quitch
            Okay, so here's how I think it would need to be tackled:

1. Stop current ePO services
            2. Backup ePO database
            3. Install ePO on new server
            4. Patch ePO to level of old server
            5. Stop ePO services
            6. Restore DB backup to new DB name
            7. Start ePO services
            8. Delete all systems managed by ePO
            9. The automated sync process will then redeploy the agent to the machines.
            10. Uninstall ePO from old machine and choose to delete DB

Does this look like it'll work?
            • 3. RE: Moving ePO web front-end
              jmaxwell
              Are you actually moving to an entirely differnet server ? - new server name and IP address or are you just relocating onto a differnet physical server ?

Jim
              • 4. RE: Moving ePO web front-end
                Quitch
                New name, new IP. I'd like to avoid a complete reconfiguration of client tasks and the like.
                • 5. RE: Moving ePO web front-end
                  I am trying to do the exact same thing. Is there a config file that needs to be exported/imported with all settings and policies?