3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2008 7:07 PM by NAePOAdmin

VSE doesn't install on workstations

Hi,

I'm new to this and can't find decent doco.
      I've installed EPO and imported/sync'd with AD so I see my workstations under systems. I have deployed the McAfee Agent 3.6.0.569 using EPO. All fine.
      Under Configuration/Extensions I see VirusScan Enterprise 8.5. Version is 8.5.0.170 and Status is installed.
      So I create a new Client Task under systems to deploy VSE. I select "Product Deployment (McAfee Agent)".
      I set the target platform to Windows, select the product "VirusScan Enterprise 8.5.0" and action to install. Also selected "Run at every policy enforcement" just to be sure. I set the time etc and save.
      It doesn't appear to run at the designated time. Well it doesn't run at all.
      I also notice that the workstations that the agent is installed on show in non compliant in the dashboard.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong???
      Any help would be great thanks.

cheers.
        • 1. reply
          Hi,

Did you try the schedule "run immediatly" for your deployement task ?

Regards

Damien
          • 2. RE: reply
            Hi Damien,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I set it to run immediatly. When reading the VSE log file on the client I noticed that the scan did run after all but it doesn't show it's progress as it's running.
            Is this normal??

Cheers,
            Mick.
            • 3. RE: reply
              Try disabling the task first...
              Then, wake up the client at least twice (verify that the task change was recognized)...
              Then, re-enable the task again...
              You may need to wake up the client several times but, monitor the client log via http://<clientcomputer>:8081 (if you have not changed the default port