2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2017 11:43 AM by catdaddy

False Positive: Artemis!142E56BC4830

kk.sharma@pcvark.com3

This is regarding the false detection of Pinnacle PC Performance by McAfee Antivirus.

Pinnacle PC Performance is a genuine software for windows that optimize windows PC for better performance. This software does not contains adware, installs toolbars, hijack browsers or has other unclear objectives. It is not involved in any kind of malicious activities. The website of Pinnacle PC Performance is McAfee Secure Certified Site pinnaclepcperformance.com

I have submitted this file to McAfee Labs but didn't get any response yet.

Analysis ID: 10301231

Regards,

KK Sharma

• 1. Re: False Positive: Artemis!142E56BC4830
          catdaddy

Thank you for the confirmation, and following protocol. Kindly allow 2-3 days for your detection to be Analyzed/Processed. Then I can escalate it on your behalf to McAfee Labs, if the need to arises.

Please be informed that your Escalation Ticket Number is as follows Ticket #: AM000830 - Artemis!

Hopefully you will receive results in short order.

I hope this helps..

All the Best

Cliff

Consumer Products

• 2. Re: False Positive: Artemis!142E56BC4830
            catdaddy

Please be informed that I just received the following correspondence back from McAfee Labs. Perhaps you could make some changes to your executable where it will not be detected as a (Pup). For it does not pass McAfee's guidelines of being safe.

"

Hi Cliff,

This software has been determined to be a PUP and we would not be removing the detection in this case.

Regards,

Nick

I am marking this thread as 'Correctly Answered', and locking it.

All the Best

Cliff

Consumer Products