0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2008 10:30 AM by MorrisComm

VirusScanforMac 8.6.1 install, Symantec AV uninstall

Hey everyone,

We are testing VirusScan for Mac 8.6.1 for Mac clients in ePO. We have installed the Mac agent 4.0.0.1263 on three physical machines. All of these agents have talked back to the Core and I can view the Agent Log on each of them. When the agents initially phone home to the Core, they created their own groups (“hostname.domain.com”) instead of populating in the lost and found. I’m not sure if this is normal behavior (I’d hate for all of our Macs to create their own groups in ePO).

Unfortunately, I am not able to install VirusScan for Mac 8.6.1 on any of these machines from ePO. I checked in the VirusScan package, installed the extensions and have created a task at the root of our Directory. The install is set for ‘run immediately’ and when viewing the agent log it appears to install.

The users don’t see VirusScan in the application folder on their Macs and the properties for the machine in ePO are never updated. They do receive a Pop-Up Title "VirusScan for Mac: Installation Error" that states "There is anti-virus software running that is not compatible with VirusScan. Please remove any other anti-virus programs previously installed."

Any way to uninstall Symantec for Mac via ePO? :confused: SAV uninstalls fine for VS8.7.

The other thing I’m seeing the event log is “[I] Legacy Policies exists for the software Id EPOAGENT3700MACX” and I’m not sure how to remove it. I believe that we no longer use that agent; it being replaced with 4.0.0.1263.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.