1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 14, 2017 3:57 PM by Moe Hassan

McAfee Agent : tagging virtaul systems based on system properties

Moe Hassan

I like tags. Based on system properties that are reported by agents, I create a custom tag named "vm" or "virtual" to distinguish systems in the tree. I'm using ePO 532 and agent 5.x.449. I'm looking in the system properties tab but there is nothing there anymore that could be used to tag a system as "virtual". I clearly remember doing this earlier. There was a unique property that had vmware or something, I forget the exact phrasing but it definitely was under system properties. Any ideas where this property went or is there a better to identify virtual systems?

• 1. Re: McAfee Agent : tagging virtaul systems based on system properties
          Moe Hassan

So I've been digging around and found a post by :redbeardrc from this thread.

Create a VM tag with the following criteria to identify all VM's:

MAC Address Starts With 1 or 005056 or 080027 or 001C42 or 000C29 or 000569 or 001C14 or 0003FF or 000F4B or 00163E

Have it evaluate each system against the tag's criteria on each agent-server communication interval if desired.

This will tag all your VM's and then you can move them based on the tag.

I'm wondering if there's a better way to accomplish this. McAfee agent should be able to pull up some system properties. I wonder if we can use those "custom props" .