2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2017 3:25 PM by tao

Do i need to rework client-tasks after a VSE product update ?

warlord711

Hi !

Is it necessary to rework a client task, lets say the main VSE installation task, after you check-in a new VSE build ?

I checked our client-policy for installing VSE today (after we had a VSE upgrade to 8.8.0.1599) to find the client-task still existing, but the "Product and Components" are empty.

• 1. Re: Do i need to rework client-tasks after a VSE product update ?
          warlord711

Another question:

If I got a client task that installs VSE with commandline option:

ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=LotusNotesScan /q

now I change this this task to:

ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=EmailScan,LotusNotesScan /q

do clients automaticly got the Outlook Scan Module removed ?

• 2. Re: Do i need to rework client-tasks after a VSE product update ?
            tao

First Question: "Is it necessary to rework a client task, lets say the main VSE installation task, after you check-in a new VSE build ?" Depends on the check-in and setup of the client task - meaning, if the original VSE is checked in as Current, deployment task is configured to deploy Current and you check-in the NEW VSE build as Evaluation then there is no need to rework the installation task.   If you check-in the NEW VSE build as Current - then Yes, a rework of the installation task will be needed.

Second Question: Is the task set to run once or run at every policy update? If once then no, at every policy update - I believe it will