this is possible easily.
- Upgrade to latest Agent Extension in EPO. The latest extension is compatible to the used Agent versions.
- Import McAfee Agent 5.0.4 and Agent Key Updater 5.0.4 into the Master Repository using the Evaluation Branch.
- Define an Agent Policy where the Key Updater is updated from the Evaluation Branch.
- Define a Deployment Task where Agent 5.0.4 is deployed.
- Define a TAG to mark Systems where Agent 5.0.4 should be installed.
- Define a Policy Assignment Rule where the new Agent policy is assigned by TAG.
- Assign a deployment task where the Task is active only if the TAG is assinged.
- Change any other Agent Deployment Task Assignment and exclude the configured TAG. So the clients do not try to install the old version of the agent.
For existing Agent 4.8 deployments. Take care, because Agent 4.8 und Agent 5.x are quite different. Agent 5.x brings a new SysCore Version. Agent 4.x has never updated the SysCore. If there are some older systems with older McAfee Soft ware are managed with Agent 4.8 take a look at the support portal if the software is supported with Agent 5.x.
Hope this helps,