1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 26, 2017 8:07 AM by bretzeli

ENS 10.5 WIN7 64BIT Exclusion Standard migrated 10.2 > 10.5 don't PULL in STANDARD

bretzeli

Hello,

We currently have a problem with "ON ACCESS SCAN" Policy in ENS 10.5 and all 10.5 clients:

From the THREE Defintions "Standard" "High Risk" "Low RIsk" with use Different Policy

I DO NOT see the Exlcusion for "STANDARD" on ALL ENS 10.5 Clients. THIS all our Exlcusion do not pull we have.

* I have stripped down and redone (Open/Ave) all of them.

* I have re-writennFQDN like \\server \share to **\server\share Like mentioned in KB87493 (Looks like in 10.2 this was a problem but we are on 10.5)

* We have checked all exlsuions like **\psexec.exe etc. (https://kb.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=PD26799 ) where we had mutiply Executables in one Exclusion and splitted them to single

* We see the Exlxusion under the "High Risk" "Low RIsk" but the STANDARD Form on the CLIENT is blank (Empty)

Any help welcome. I have excluded the EXE we have most common with that customer as a workaround with MD5 and Filename.

Network drives letters NOT FQDN are still validf in 10.5 like the O:\ we have. Those are also excluded with **\servername\shares But that was not the source

• 1. Re: ENS 10.5 WIN7 64BIT Exclusion Standard migrated 10.2 > 10.5 don't PULL in STANDARD
          bretzeli

This was related to a

1) enviroment variable

2) FULL Profile Redirection to network DRIVE and Flexprofiles

It's looks like one of these the ENS 10.5 could not handle AND thus JUST Breaks and does not display ANYTHING in the ENS 10.5 GUI PLUS we "asume" it does not PULL (Effective exlcude).

This did work under 10.2 and THUS must be an undocumented bug in 10.5

%AppData%\ICAClient\Cache\

%LOCALAPPDATA%\MBS-easy\

%PROGRAMDATA%\MBS-easy\

%Systemroot%\System32\GroupPolicy\

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\KVS\

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\SoftGrid Client\

%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\SoftGrid Client\

%windir%\ntds\Ntds.dit

%windir%\ntds\Ntds.pat