2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2017 10:43 AM by Troja

ATD images

bracken

Can anyone confirm the best way to create VMDKs (in this case windows 7) for uploading to the ATD appliance.  I have found issues obtaining the versions of supported software for adobe reader / flash etc. 

Page 29 of the admin guide lists the supported applications, but I cannot find reliable sources for the software: https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/ 26000/PD26831/en_US/atd_380_pg_0a00_en-u… 

any suggestions?

• 1. Re: ATD images
          catdaddy

bracken,

Moved from Support Forums to Advanced Threat Defense (ATD)>Discussions

For better exposure and assistance.

• 2. Re: ATD images
            Troja

Hello,

as catdaddy explained, take a look at the manuals first. Creating the VMDKs is some work and it makes no sense doing a "copy paste" from the manual.

The latest versions of ATD are providing an image preperation tool, which really reduces the effort to create the VM.

There is only a problem with Windows 10 images in the moment, because there is a bug in the preperation tool. I opened a case for this. Support told me that there will be an updated tool for Windows 10 analyzer images.

Hope this helps,

Cheers