2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2017 3:52 PM by Moe Hassan

How can I replicate the Actions|Agent|Deploy Agents w/ Force install as a Client Task in ePO?

mcoia

Here is my situation as I can best describe it:

I began upgrading from McAfee Agent 4.8.0.1938 to McAfee Agent 5.0.4.283.  I created a product deployment client task to install the 5.0.4 agent.  This task successfully upgraded the agent, but it did so in the same install path as where the old agent resided (C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Common Framework).  A fresh install of McAfee Agent installs the files in C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent.  Our VM templates have McAfee Agent 5.0.4 installed in this new path.  This is causing inconsistencies in our environment.  When in the System Tree, I can choose a server or multiple servers, press the "Actions" button at the bottom of the screen and choose "Agent->Deploy Agents" and then check the "Force installation over existing versions".  This will uninstall the 5.0.4 Agent from the old path and reinstall it to the new path.  This is the result I would like to achieve, but through a scheduled client task.  I have over 300+ servers and I cannot manually do these one at a time or in groups.  It will take too long and cause issues with our network.  I created a Client Task to install the McAfee Agent 5.0.4 and I included the following command line switches:  FRAMEPKG.EXE /INSTALL=AGENT /FORCEINSTALL /INSTDIR=C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent.  However, when I run this task on a server that already has McAfee Agent 5.0.4, it seems once the agent sees that 5.0.4 already exists, it marks the task as successful and does not perform a forceinstall.  The reason I need this as a client task is so I can deploy the agents randomly over a period of 3 or 4 hours.  I have tried putting the command-line switches in quotation marks, but it still does nothing.  I opened a support case with McAfee and I seem to have them stumped.  Has anyone successfully performed a forceinstall switch and installed an agent in a new path with a client task?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you.