7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2017 3:10 AM by Troja

upgrading to macOS Sierra kills ePO

mcclint

When I install McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac 10.2.1 via the McAfee Agent 5.0.1.283 onto a brand new, freshly imaged Mac running macOS Sierra 10.12.2, it installs and communicates with the ePO server just fine.  HOWEVER, if I take a Mac running El Capitan 10.11.6 that already has McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac 10.2.1 and the McAfee Agent 5.0.1.283 installed and functioning properly and then upgrade that Mac to Sierra, McAfee loses all Update repository info that was previously there. As a result, it never receives any new DAT info and it puts the Macs out of compliance.    When I try to uninstall the product by running /usr/local/McAFee/uninstall EPM it gives an error and never uninstalls.  Because I can't uninstall it, I am unable to reinstall the product either manually or by pushing from the server.  This has happened on 6 different Macs and I confirmed the cause by comparing the settings on a Mac before and after upgrading to Sierra.    How can I fix this?  Is there an update coming to fix this before I have to upgrade the rest of our Macs?