9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2017 6:52 AM by catdaddy

False Artemis!7FDAEE2A0187

vpaulus

Dear Sirs,

We've had a number of customers reporting issues with McAfee where one of our game exes (SoW Gettysburg) is being falsely reported by McAfee LiveSafe as an Artemis.

This is the main exe file from our game Scourge of War: Gettysburg

We've already sent the file to virus_research@mcafee.com and we were notified that the file was seen as clean by the automated system but will sent for further processing (Requests 10166156, 10087019, and 10086990), but so far we haven't received any other email from McAfee.

Regards,

Paulo Costa

The Slitherine Group

• 1. Re: False Artemis!7FDAEE2A0187
          catdaddy

Hi Paulo,

Could you kindly confirm if those (Requests) you posted were actual (Analysis ID #'s) ? If that indeed is the case, when were they submitted? It would be greatly appreciated to know this information, as I can escalate your issues on your behalf to McAfee Labs.

Did you by chance submit following these Guidelines/Instructions;  Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs ?

Or alternatively

What To Do When McAfee Detects Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & Appeal?

Sincerely

Cliff

Consumer Products

• 2. Re: False Artemis!7FDAEE2A0187
            vpaulus

Hi Cliff,

Yes, those are the Analysis IDs and they were emailed to the email address on that link (or the first was, as the replies can from virus_research@avertlabs.com so I replied to there too).

The first, 10086990 was created on 20th July 2016, but I had not password protected the zip file.

So then I re-emailed on the same day and this created 10087019. Then I emailed again on the 21st of September which created the 10166156. Then I emailed a third chaser on the 3rd of October, but never got an email back from that.

I've emailed a last one (10269698) on the 8th of January 2017.

Kind Regards,

Paulo Costa

The Slitherine Group

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: False Artemis!7FDAEE2A0187
              catdaddy

Hi Paulo,

Thank you for the confirmation in regards to your submissions and Analysis ID #,s. Please know that I am escalating your issues on your behalf. I will provide you with a Escalation Ticket number in short order.  It is as Follows; Ticket #: AM000794 - Artemis! Detections

All the Best,

Cliff

• 4. Re: False Artemis!7FDAEE2A0187
                catdaddy

Paulo,

I would if I may also like to extend my personal gratitude/appreciation at your taking the time to submit your own software, being the 'Developer'. While it is routine for Minecraft/Steam/Foxhud ( Gaming ) installers to be initially detected by McAfee and other Security vendors.

It helps immensely when one from the company itself, submits their software for Analysis/Review. Hopefully we will hear something back in short order.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Regards,

Cliff

• 5. Re: False Artemis!7FDAEE2A0187
                  desertgal

Hi Paulo,

The sample was marked clean today by one of our engineers - you should see an update in the system within a few hours. Please let us know if you are still seeing the detection.

Thank you!

DG

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: False Artemis!7FDAEE2A0187
                    catdaddy

Thank you for your prompt assistance DG

As Always,

Much appreciated !

Cliff

• 7. Re: False Artemis!7FDAEE2A0187
                      catdaddy

Hi Paulo,

As you can see McAfee Labs Technician/Engineer 'DesertGal'  has informed us that your Detections are suppressed    Please confirm if they are indeed undetected now. If that is the case, could you kindly mark her post as 'Correctly Answered'?  Then we can consider this thread closed.

Thank you,

Cliff

• 8. Re: False Artemis!7FDAEE2A0187
                        vpaulus

Hi Cliff,

I've tested and everything seems to be fine now.

Thanks guys.

Cheers,

Paulo

• 9. Re: False Artemis!7FDAEE2A0187
                          catdaddy

Locking this thread as it has been 'Correctly Answered'.

By