8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2017 4:43 AM by haran92

Sequence error

haran92

Hi,

I would like to get a clear picture on sequence error in ePO. in my environment, we always encounter increase in duplicate entries. Also I could recently see increase in non compliance.

Below is the screenshot of showing few machines with higher sequence error. BUT  most of these systems don't have duplicate entries and also up to date with latest DAT, latest communication.

Can some one assist me in what way this affects my compliance and to rectify this.

Cheers,

Haran Kumar M

• 1. Re: Sequence error
          PhilR

Some might be VMs which have had snapshots reverted.

Others might be cloned machines which have the same agentGUID.

Under "Directory Management" you can "Move GUID to Duplicate List and delete system" on the ones with high counts and see if that resolves the issue.  They'll get a new agentGUID the next time they call home.

But take a note of where they are in your tree first so you can easily move them back to the correct container when they call home the next time.

Phil

• 2. Re: Sequence error
            haran92

Before I delete these system, how much this error impacts my compliance or other TASK.  most of these systems don't have duplicate entries and also up to date with latest DAT, latest communication.

• 3. Re: Sequence error
              tao

Along with PhilR suggestion - It may be worth the time to inquire into the "snapshots" and "cloned machines" process.  Meaning, are your snapshots or cloned machines built on one image with the Agent pre-installed - that scenario would lead to several duplicate GUIDs entries for the same node.

How to reset the McAfee Agent GUID if computers are not displayed in the ePolicy Orchestrator directory Technical Articles ID:   KB56086 Last Modified:  4/7/2016

McAfee Corporate KB - How to reset the McAfee Agent GUID if computers are not displayed in the ePolicy Orchestrator dire…

Queries, system actions, and server tasks in ePolicy Orchestrator to assist with identification and remediation of duplicate McAfee Agent GUIDs Technical Articles ID:   KB67473 Last Modified:  11/7/2016

McAfee Corporate KB - Queries, system actions, and server tasks in ePolicy Orchestrator to assist with identification an…

• 4. Re: Sequence error
                haran92

Thank you tao

Those links were very useful. Still I feel confused as these systems with High sequence error are communicating to ePO, updated with DAT and also don't have duplicate entries.

So how far this high sequence error affects my client system and ePO TASK already assigned or future tasks ?

• 5. Re: Sequence error
                  PhilR

Only the McAfee gods can answer that one properly.

Several systems with the same AgentGUID might be just asking for problems.  Just solve it, stop worrying, and move on :-)

Phil

• 6. Re: Sequence error
                    haran92

PhilR    HA HA HA.. thanks.. will work on clearing this sequence error.

Thanks all for the knowledge transfer and suggestions. :-) Happy New Year.

Cheers,

Haran Kumar M

• 7. Re: Sequence error
                      jhall2

Another possibility is the issue outlined in KB52949 in which systems using VPN are incorrectly sorted by ePO due to duplicate MAC addresses. It is somewhat difficult to diagnose unless you have Drive Encryption installed as this is the only log that I know of that logs when the ePO Leaf Node ID changes for a client system.

If you are using VPN and have not already applied this workaround, I would recommend it regardless if this issue is affecting you or not.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Sequence error
                        haran92

Thanks @jhall2 . We do have VPN and DE installed. This one is completely new to me. let me try analyzing the leaf Node ID on the Priority.