1 2 3 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2017 10:54 AM by exbrit

mcafee security center did not update since 12/19/16

quiltgirl

I noticed on two PCs, running Windows 7 (with all current updates), had not updated since 12/19/16 and scheduled scans were not done.  (This version of McAfee still does scheduled scans).

I tried to open McAfee Security Center by double clicking on the desktop icon, and it would not open. Did this several times.

There were many events 7000 and 7009 in the event log.

Event 7009 Service Control Manager, A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the McAfee Platform Services to connect.

Event 7000 Service Control Manager, The McAfee Platform Services service failed to start due to the following error:  The Service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.    Detail error was  %%1053.

I restarted the PC.  McAfee said last update was 12/19/16.  No scheduled scans were done.  I started a manual update, it said it needed to close, and then it hung.

Restarted the PC, tried again, the manual update hung.

Restarted the PC again. and a manual update was successful.  DAT is now at version 2841, last update 12/26/16.

This happened on 2 PCs.

Most recent change to my configuration was to turn off the McAfee toolbar in Outlook, since it seemed to be causing  a hang at startup, and I don't use outlook for mail, so do not need it.

Why?

1 2 3 Previous Next