2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2016 9:02 AM by kerry.manley

    Superagent repository with lazy cache - MA 5.04

    kerry.manley

      We have used Superagent repositories with Lazy Cache for a while, starting with the 4.8 agent. This has worked will with some of our sites with VSat communication, as we need to keep traffic to a minimum.

      EPO version is 5.3.2

       

       

      We have moved to the 5.x agent and am seeing hosts failing to find the local superagent repository using lazy cache.

      I have disabled the peer updating on both the superagent and host policies, this hasnt made much difference.

       

      Has anyone any ideas how to troubleshoot this, set notifications to show a repository is no longer working ?

       

      My last resort would be to go back to use the 4.8 agent for my repositories only. 

        • 1. Re: Superagent repository with lazy cache - MA 5.04
          tao

          Has anyone any ideas how to troubleshoot this, set notifications to show a repository is no longer working ?  "Enable Agent Activity log" was REMOVED from Agent 5.X.  McAfee Agent 4.x Logging policy does not migrate to 5.x remote Logging policy Technical Articles ID:   KB82896 Last Modified:  11/17/2016

          McAfee Corporate KB - McAfee Agent 4.x Logging policy does not migrate to 5.x remote Logging policy KB82896

           

          Also, take a look at ePO Agent Log: 5.0.3.316 vs 4.8.0.1995

           

          Confirm: update agent key on node & SA and confirm a successful replication to SA's - also confirm SA's are listed on the node serversitelist.xml (...\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework.)

           

          Unable to find a valid repository (when downloading SiteStat.xml) Technical Articles ID:   KB54474 Last Modified:  11/10/2016

          McAfee Corporate KB - Unable to find a valid repository (when downloading SiteStat.xml) KB54474

          • 2. Re: Superagent repository with lazy cache - MA 5.04
            kerry.manley

            A little further with this, it appears to be an issue with the hosts.

             

            Heres an updatelog from a host that fails to update.

             

            12/11/2016 5:48:04 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Unable to find a valid repository.

            12/11/2016 5:48:04 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Update process failed.

            12/12/2016 5:59:01 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Starting task: AutoUpdate

            12/12/2016 5:59:03 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Unable to find a valid repository.

            12/12/2016 5:59:03 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Update process failed.

            12/13/2016 5:05:01 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Starting task: AutoUpdate

            12/14/2016 5:04:02 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Starting task: AutoUpdate

            12/15/2016 5:02:01 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Starting task: AutoUpdate

            12/16/2016 5:52:01 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Starting task: AutoUpdate

            12/17/2016 5:20:02 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Starting task: AutoUpdate

            12/18/2016 5:04:02 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Starting task: AutoUpdate

            12/19/2016 5:11:01 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Starting task: AutoUpdate

             

             

            The date on the mcscript log on the host is dated 12/13/2016, so something has gone belly up on a number of hosts.

             

            I have a similar issue seen on print servers, where you have to restart the printspooler service before the update will work.  I will have a play and update with my findings.