2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2016 9:22 AM by pierce

VSE P7 - several systems booting up with access protection disabled?

pierce

Hey All,

Has anyone seen the case where several systems boot up and the on access protection is disabled using VSE 8.8 Patch 7?

We have the policy set to enable and boot up, and policy enforcment set to 15 minutes, but neither of these make it kick back in. Unlocking the interface and turning it on sometimes works, but generally its a random amount of reboots.

Deploying patch 8 seems to resolve the issue which is my long term strategy.

thanks,

PIerce

• 1. Re: VSE P7 - several systems booting up with access protection disabled?
          tao

If you have .... Virus Scan 8.8 > On Access General Policy > ensure below are checked: Enable on-access scanning at system startup & Enable on-access scanning when the policy is  enforced ... perhaps corrupt policy?  So, with the install of VSE8.8P8 comes new policies ...For giggles, try reinstall of VSE8.8P7 on a node that you can track.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: VSE P7 - several systems booting up with access protection disabled?
            pierce

I double checked just in case my mind was playing tricks on me and they are both still selected. Good thought about the policy being corrupted, ill create a new one from scratch and see if this helps at all.

Yes that's my biggest difficultly these days is finding one to track, its always one that is 3,000 miles+ away from me and always "its resolved now" once they get round to emailing me.

Thanks for the advice!