4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2016 9:47 AM by woody188

Script to uninstall/re-install Framepackage on multiple systems

Hi,

I require a script which will uninstall and re-install frame package from multiple systems remotely at one go. Can someone assist me on this please.

Mcafee Version details are as follows

1) Virusscan enterprise - 8.8.0

2) Mcafee agent - 5.0.1.516

Operating system details,

Windows 7 SP1 (32 & 64 bit) OS

Windows 8.0

Windows 8.1

Let me know if any further details are required from my end.

Regards,

Suprith Karnad

• 1. Re: Script to uninstall/re-install Framepackage on multiple systems
          catdaddy

Moved from Support Forums to VirusScan Enterprise>Discussions

For better exposure and assistance

skarnad,

I assume you are referring to 'Virus Scan Enterprise' ? Hence is why I moved it to this area.

All the best,

Cliff

Consumer Products

• 2. Re: Script to uninstall/re-install Framepackage on multiple systems
            woody188

It's really hard to just write a script as we don't know your environment. I use a cmd script that I wrote that uses Sisinternals PSEXEC. I have two versions, one that goes right to removing Agent and one that tries to ForceInstall Agent.  See the code below. There are more elegant ways to detect the install location but this works. You'll need to have creds/perms (we use Domain/LDAP) on all the systems for this to work. Workstations will need to have admin$ and c$ shares enabled. Good luck!

@echo off

REM Lasso v.1.13 20161212

REM Written by Michael Wood Lasso deploys ePO agents to rogue workstations using a txt file. Put the

REM txt file in the same folder as Lasso, psexec and FramePkg.exe and invoke the program with the txt

REM file name as the variable. The txt file should be a list of IPv4 addresses of known rogue systems

REM one each per line.

REM Set some local vars

SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS

SET me=%~n0

SET parent=%~dp0

REM set the file time stamps

FOR /f "tokens=2 delims==" %%i in ('wmic os get localdatetime /format:list') do set datetime=%%i

set datetime=%datetime:~0,8%-%datetime:~8,6%

SET error=Lasso_Error_%datetime%.log

SET success=Lasso_Success_%datetime%.log

REM Check for the results folder

SET results=%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Lasso\

IF EXIST %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Lasso\ GOTO :file_chk

REM Create and Set our local results folder

ECHO %me%: Creating the results folder on your desktop...

MD %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Lasso\

:file_chk

REM Check if this is a file or a command line parameter

ECHO %1 | FIND /I ".csv">NUL && GOTO :fileloop

ECHO %1 | FIND /I ".txt">NUL && GOTO :fileloop

GOTO :deploy

:fileloop

REM Set up the FOR loop

FOR /F "tokens=*" %%a IN (%1) DO (

CALL :deploy %%a

)

ENDLOCAL

GOTO :EOF

:deploy

REM Map the drives

ECHO %me%: Attempting to map %1 admin drive...

net use \\%1\admin$ | find "The command completed successfully." >NUL || ECHO %1>>"%results%\%error%"

IF errorlevel 1 GOTO :EOF

ECHO %me%: Attempting to map %1 C: drive...

net use \\%1\c$ | find "The command completed successfully." >NUL || ECHO %1>>"%results"\%error%"

IF errorlevel 1 GOTO :disc_drive

REM Clean up prior versions of the Agent install

ECHO %me%: Cleaning up prior versions of ePO Agent install...

del \\%1\admin$\FramePkg.exe

REM Copies over our new FramePkg.exe and runs it via PSEXEC

ECHO %me%: Copying new files to %1 and installing the ePO agent.

psexec -h -s \\%1 -c FramePkg.exe /Silent /Install=Agent /ForceInstall

IF errorlevel 1 goto :force_uninstall

IF not errorlevel 1 ECHO %1>>"%results%\%success%"

goto :disc_drive

:force_uninstall

REM Force the current agent to uninstall after erroring

ECHO %me%: Looking for McAfee Agent installation...

REM There are 5 locations where this package is installed

IF exist "\\%1\c$\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\frminst.exe" goto :loc_1

IF exist "\\%1\c$\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\frminst.exe" goto :loc_2

IF exist "\\%1\c$\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Common Framework\x86\frminst.exe" goto :loc_3

IF exist "\\%1\c$\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\x86\frminst.exe" goto :loc_4

REM This is one of the install locations.

ECHO %me%: Forcing McAfee Agent uninstall from c:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Common Framework\frminst.exe...

psexec -h -s \\%1 "c:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Common Framework\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall

ECHO %me%: Forcing McAfee Agent re-install...

IF errorlevel 1 ECHO %1,Error Code %ERRORLEVEL%>>"%results%\%error%"

:loc_1

REM Another install location.

ECHO %me%: Forcing McAfee Agent uninstall from c:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\frminst.exe...

psexec -h -s \\%1 "c:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall

:loc_2

REM Another install location.

ECHO %me%: Forcing McAfee Agent uninstall from c:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\frminst.exe...

psexec -h -s \\%1 "c:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall

:loc_3

REM And another install location.

ECHO %me%: Forcing McAfee Agent uninstall from c:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Common Framework\x86\frminst.exe...

psexec -h -s \\%1 "c:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Common Framework\x86\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall

:loc_4

ECHO %me%: Forcing McAfee Agent uninstall from c:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\x86\frminst.exe...

psexec -h -s \\%1 "c:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\x86\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall

:disc_drive

REM Disconnect the remove drive

ECHO %me%: Disconecting from the remote drive on %1...

net use \\%1\admin$ /delete

net use \\%1\c$ /delete

GOTO :EOF

Exit /B 0

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Script to uninstall/re-install Framepackage on multiple systems
              tao

You can use ePO Endpoint Deployment Kit 9.6.1 - Enterprise Edition : ePO is the delivery method while winrar is the SFX for the framepkg.exe - within SFX:

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Path=%SystemRoot%\Temp\

SavePath

Setup="%SystemRoot%\Temp\FramePkg.exe" /INSTALL=AGENT /FORCEINSTALL /SILENT

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

Check SFX package into ePO repository and deploy with a command /s

• 4. Re: Script to uninstall/re-install Framepackage on multiple systems
                woody188

I discovered this repository a few weeks ago too. GitHub - LevonBecker/mcafee_clients: Batch Script to Install and Uninstall McAfee Clients on Windows systems Locally.  Levon has done tons of work to put this together and it takes some effort on your part to make it all work correctly, but his scripts are full featured and quite extensive. Not exactly what you were looking for but really good example of clean scripting and what can be done. I hope to someday modify my script to include some of his ideas and build it out more but entirely remote controlled.