1 2 3 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2017 4:46 AM by jrp78

Virusscan 8.8 Patch 8 install on Windows 10

jrp78

I'm having some performance issues with Virusscan 8.8 Patch 8 install on Windows 10 x64 Enterprise 1607. I never experience this issue on Windows 7 x64 Ent.

I deploy the agent and once installed, the agent checks in to EPO and sees the PC needs Virusscan. The virusscan install initiates and proceeds to install.

Here's the issue, once the VSE install starts on Windows 10, after about 5-8 minutes of running, MFEHIDIN.EXE(McAfee System Core Installer) begins using between 25-50% CPU and the mouse gets very laggy. After about 20-25 minutes from the time the install actually started, the install finally finishes(task is freed in the mcafee status monitor) and the CPU use goes back to normal/mouse operates normal. A typical windows 7 install of mcafee takes 10 minutes or less and never exhibits this problem. Windows 10 as I mentioned it taking at least twice as long.

I'm running Agent 5.0.4.283 and VSE 8.8 Patch 8.

An interesting note is if I install manually VSE first, then load the agent, it installs in less than 10 minutes much like windows 7.

mcafee.PNG

1 2 3 Previous Next