3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2011 9:40 PM by McAni

VSE not shown as Installed Product on some Clients in EPO console

Hi All,

We're using EPO 4.0 P2 with McAfee Agent 4.0 and VSE 8.5 P6 in our environment.

I'm facing the issue, that some clients doesn't seem to have VSE installed, if you look in their properties and see the "Installed Products". Only "McAfee Agent 4.0.0.1180, Product Coverage Reports 4.0.0.1180" is shown, but it should look like "McAfee Agent 4.0.0.1180, Product Coverage Reports 4.0.0.1180, VirusScan Enterprise 8.5.0.781".

BUT in fact VSE is installed! I'm able to fix it up using the Agent Status Monitor on the client and click "Collect and Send Props". Just waking up the Agents with the EPO console doesn't help.

Is there any solution?
      Many thanks!
        • 1. RE: VSE not shown as Installed Product on some Clients in EPO console
          tonyb99
          probably corrupt reg keys from install, set them to remove VSE and then reinstall to fix

BUT first check for agent issues, clear agent entry from epo without removing actual agent software,kill framework and reset GUID reg key and then restart framework and readd entry to epo and wake up with full props , if you still get issue then you need to remove and readd VSE.
          • 2. RE: VSE not shown as Installed Product on some Clients in EPO console
            Hello, I have the same problem with a few machines,
            In my case only uninstalling VirusScan and installing again solves the problem.

As I see it the agent doesn’t recognize VirusScan 8.5i,
            Is there any way to reregister VirusScan 8.5i so the agent can recognize it?

I’m using agent 3.6.0.603

Thanks in advance
            • 3. Re: RE: VSE not shown as Installed Product on some Clients in EPO console

This is a bit late for a reply, but i thought it would help if someone had the same issue as above -

Instead of running an uninstall task of the product on each machine, what i did was "Deploy Agents" with a "Force installation over existing version" option checked.

This reinstalls the McAfee packages. Once complete, you can either force "Collect & Send Props", or just wait for the agent to communicate to the ePo as scheduled, and all the products installed, including Vscan now show up on the ePo console, when previously they weren't.