2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2016 11:33 PM by catdaddy Branched from an earlier discussion.

Virus Scan Issue

squid803

I am having similar issues with my scan.  I also have a stopcode error (0X000001d3) that could be affecting this.  My pc is an ASUS tp200s with windows 10 about 6-7 months old.

Browser: firefox 50.0.2

MVT session 57297227

also running windows defender

• 1. Re: Virus Scan Issue
          catdaddy

squid803,

Moved from SecurityCenter to VirusScan > Discussions

As the other thread was over 6 years old.

By

• 2. Re: Virus Scan Issue
            catdaddy

In Windows 8.1, 10 and above Windows Defender contains an antivirus which means it should not be on when a 3rd party antivirus such as McAfee is installed.   Using 2 Anti-Virus applications together can lead to major issues.

With McAfee installed Windows Defender should be automatically turned off.

It may be the case that your software has become corrupt.

Try completely uninstalling all McAfee products via Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Reboot if asked to.

Run the MCPR cleanup tool:  http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp

Reboot.

Go to your online account, download and install from there.

Hint: Save time by downloading the installer first, save it to your desktop.  Right-click it and go to Properties.  Unblock it, apply etc.

Then doing the above except now you can simply install from the downloaded installer

Please kindly inform us if this resolves your issues.

All the Best,

Cliff

Consumer Products