1 2 3 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2016 5:15 PM by oups59

TrueKey Premium Activation Doesn't Work

mcsev2010

Hello all,

I  purchased today the TrueKey Premium subscription, but 3 chat techs passing me around, the code I have on McAfee's My Account page doesn't work. I enter it by hand, I type it in - nothing.  I have uninstalled and re-installed and still, I enter the code and press the activate button and I'm faced with an invalid activation code error. 

What I am finding is while this app is can be a tremendous asset, the support and integration between Intel and McAfee lacks a great deal of coordination.

Anyone got any ideas?  I'm all ears.

Rebecca

• 1. Re: TrueKey Premium Activation Doesn't Work
          catdaddy

Hi Rebecca,

Do you by any chance happen to have your (Service Request Numbers) ?  If so could you kindly provide those to us,and I can then contact a (Expert) from the True Key Team. I am confident this individual will do the utmost to help resolve your issues.

marcd  Could you kindly assist this user please?

All the very Best,

Cliff

Consumer Products

• 2. Re: TrueKey Premium Activation Doesn't Work
            marcd

Hi Rebecca,

Let me send you a private message (you need to follow me first) so I can do that.

I need to know a few things starting with your email address used to sign up to True Key (send me this in the private message). Can you confirm that the purchase was done today? Please send me screenshots of the places you are going to input that validation code until the one where you obtain the invalid validation code error?

Thanks,

MarcD

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: TrueKey Premium Activation Doesn't Work
              catdaddy

Thank you Marc

• 4. Re: TrueKey Premium Activation Doesn't Work
                mcsev2010

Cliff,

Thank you very much for your reply.  2125417172  appears to be the only code I have after multiple tech transfers, and multiple uninstalls and reinstalls. I obtained the activation code from my My Account on McAfee - interestingly enough, it wouldn't recognize my TrueKey email address and password when I first tried to log in there.  I had to have it send me a Forgot Password email which then allowed me to add, not change, my password to my account. I find that lack of integration baffling and disconcerting - it doesn't shock me this activation code keeps coming up invalid either.

Again, appreciate the assist.  Like I said, I like the premise of this application, but so far, my experience with a paid subscription lack a lot to be desired.

Rebecca

• 5. Re: TrueKey Premium Activation Doesn't Work
                  catdaddy

Rebecca,

You are quite welcome   I will leave you in the most capable hands of marcd , as he is the (Expert)  I was referring to. Kindly follow his suggestions please.

Sincerely,

Cliff\CD

• 6. Re: TrueKey Premium Activation Doesn't Work
                    mcsev2010

I followed you :-)

• 7. Re: TrueKey Premium Activation Doesn't Work
                      marcd

Hi Rebecca,

I think I understood what is going on here. As per by our design, if you sign up to True Key and import more than 5 passwords from the browser it will give you a month Premium subscription to allow you to do this import, my guess here is that you purchased the 1 year Premium after doing this import or before signing up and logging in to True Key thus not being able to override the 30 days temporary Premium subscription. In this case, what you need to do Rebecca, is wait until the temporary subscription expires and then you should be able to use your Premium 1 year activation code to renew it from there.

I agree with you this is a faulty process and you should at very least be able to stack on the 1 month temporary subscription so ideally in your case you would get 1 year and 1 month Premium subscription. I already have alerted our development team regarding this serious flaw.

Thanks,

MarcD

• 8. Re: TrueKey Premium Activation Doesn't Work
                        mcsev2010

Marc,

To be clear, I only imported my passwords ***10 minutes ago****-- well behind the 10:32am EST purchase of Premium this morning. (I didn't know that's what the import would do or I might have done it previously.) 

I fully expect that when I go in December to enter this activation code it won't work - there's some sync with your subscription process that isn't happening that should.

Rebecca

• 9. Re: TrueKey Premium Activation Doesn't Work
                          oups59

I have the same issue. I bought my premium this morning

1 2 3 Previous Next