We are having the same issues, but they appear randomly.
After creating a service ticket to McAfee support, I got request from them to replicate the issue ... but since it happens randomly I was unable to replicate the issue and ticket were closed.
I have also opened a case with McAfee and they've also asked me to replicate the issue.
It seems as if McAfee doesn't want to troubleshoot this issue or take responsibility for it, how helpful.
We are also experiencing this issue. It seems to occur often when declining a calendar occurrences.
We need a product recall..... : )
Same issue, and it looks to be the Outlook Add-In. Disabling it seems to solved the problem.
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 2/28/2017 2:51:51 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 16.0.4483.1000, time stamp: 0x58501e1b
Faulting module name: fcplou.dll, version: 10.0.100.37, time stamp: 0x57c4744a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x004160f5
Faulting process id: 0x3090
Faulting application start time: 0x01d29159995832c2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\McAfee\DLP\Agent\x86\fcplou.dll
Report Id: 63655167-b715-4779-b25f-d9dfadf7575b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-02-28T22:51:51.043393400Z" />
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE</Data>
Crashing and freezing issue was already in version 9.x .. so it's nothing new.
Disabling add-in solves the issue .. but in that case e-mail protection is not working at all for corresponding computer.
And the problem was, that outlook disabled "bad" add-ins by itself, so you won't even know that computer has no e-mail protection.
We solved this issue by setiing dlp addin as mandatory in group policy - so even when outlook tries to disable it, it still stays enabled.
also, when it's not set in group policy, user can disable add-in manually, send out sensitive data and afterwards enable add-in again and you won't see that event in ePO.