3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2016 4:44 PM by davehorne

minor issue after update ...

davehorne

I'm writing this from memory.  I recently extended my subscription to LiveSafe.  In order to do that (for some reason), I was forced to completely uninstall the existing version and reinstall the 'new' version.

That went smoothly and I had no problems.  I believe I wrote about that here as well.

Now after updates, there will be a prompt telling me I have to correct an issue.  Today I was told that I had two programs running at the same time - anti virus programs, and was provided a link which brought me to McAfee's site where I'm asked to buy LiveSafe at a 50 percent discount (or something like that).

If I go to the McAfee icon in my Windows 8.1 System Tray, all is fine, everything has a green check mark.

Like I said, this is a minor issue, I'm just passing this is on. 

• 1. Re: minor issue after update ...
          catdaddy

I would suggest that you contact Customer Service and bring this to their attention. They should be able to sort out your concerns. https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

You can also right click on your McAfee Icon in the lower tray, and select 'Verify Subscription'

In addition click on the 'Your Subscription' Tile on your McAfee UI, to see the expiry date.

• 2. Re: minor issue after update ...
            davehorne

My subscription from within McAfee on my computer is accurate, I have a one year subscription which will expire in October 2016.

Everything seems to be working fine _except_ for the issue I wrote about.

I'm just passing this on. 

As a customer I have done more than required.  If you think this is worth your effort, feel free to pass this on.

All the best, DH

• 3. Re: minor issue after update ...
              davehorne

McAfee just completed a scan and I was directed to the following link ... McAfee Security

When I click on the System Tray icon of McAfee, all is perfectly fine.

I find this behavior annoying.  I extended my subscription to LiveSafe, I don't need to click through annoying unnecessary advertisements. Do I?

____Please pass this on.____   (There is also an issue here where I am typing and my words appear at the end of the previous line which is _above_ where I am typing.

This s*** gets old.)