3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2016 3:44 PM by DocB

SHSTAT.EXE Security and Maintenance

stephane.dontigny

Hi,

I have the following issue on some computers. This is during the VSE installation OR during the VSE DAT update which is my concern.

If the users click "YES", the DAT update starts normally. The McAfee support team says that is because UAC is enable on the computers. But I don't want to disable it.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: SHSTAT.EXE Security and Maintenance
          DocB

stephane,

Apparently you have to run the MS Application Compatibility tools against the programs and create an application compatibility DB to distribute.  At least this is the solution for W7, I cannot say for sure about W10 since I just started researching similar issues when deploying updates/patches/installs via ePO.  See my comment in the VSE section.

I would think McAfee has templates available for this, but I haven't found any when searching the KBs.  Hopefully one of the folks who's been there/done that will chime in.

Not much help, but a starting point,

DocB

• 2. Re: SHSTAT.EXE Security and Maintenance
            stephane.dontigny

Thank you very much DocB,

I will start with your recommendation to see if I can find something to help. Where did you find the solution about W7 ? I'm just curious to see the whole process (how to) because I'm not used to MS Application Compatibility toolkit..

Thanks again.

• 3. Re: SHSTAT.EXE Security and Maintenance
              DocB

stephane,

I just started researching the problem from a different problem and directions, Google supplied the link to the W7 solution.  It's very long and not the same as the W10 solution, so I haven't chased it very far.  As I do more research, I'll try to keep this updated, but don't expect much.

Any time,

DocB