8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2016 3:43 PM by ironman12

event error 7009

ironman12

Event 3

Event Type: Error
      Source: Service Control Manager
      Event ID: 7009
      Task Category: None

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the the McAfee Task Manager service to connect.

and also get this message

The McAfee Task Manager service failed to start due to the following error:

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

computer running windows server 2008 r2

i found a kbb article from microsoft to change from 30000 to 60000 is that a good solution. i'm not sure why this happen from time to time i check the logs the computer hasn't rebooted.

• 1. Re: event error 7009
          syedali

Hi ironman,

Looks like Mcsheild is set to disable in registry.

Follow the below Kb and let me know if this resolves your issue.

KB53679

Thanks,

Syed

• 2. Re: event error 7009
            ironman12

i found that article but it mention it happens on reboot. for my issue the computer never rebooted after like 5 min the error goes away and seems to connect . i tried to look in registery for that file i couldn't find it in windows 2012 server

• 3. Re: event error 7009
              syedali

This is issue is sporadic not necessarily it happens at the time of reboot, The registry entry should be under WoW64 key.

Help me with the below

What is the VSE version and patch installed on the affected system ?

What is the McAfee agent version ?

Do you see all the McAfee services set to started ?

Is only VSE installed on the server or is HiPS also installed ?

Thanks,

Syed

• 4. Re: event error 7009
                ironman12

What is the VSE version and patch installed on the affected system ? 8.8

What is the McAfee agent version ? 5.02

Do you see all the McAfee services set to started ? all service are running.

Is only VSE installed on the server or is HiPS also installed ? just vseCapture.PNG

• 5. Re: event error 7009
                  syedali

Hi Ironman,

I am suspecting the service control manager had an issue starting the McAfee trust validation service that might have resulted in not trusting any McAfee services to get started.

Kindly share across VSE Access protection logs of this system.

Did you follow the recommended upgrade procedure to move on to patch 7 which is as follows, if not followed correctly will impact product functionality.

1) upgrade agent first to 5.0.2 188 or 5.0.2.333

2) upgrade VSE from patch 4,5,6 to patch 7

3) Install hotfix 1123565 mandate

4) upgrade to 5.0.3 agent

Thanks,

Syed

• 6. Re: event error 7009
                    ironman12

i'm not sure if they followed the procedure i'm new to this dept. don't know what happend before me. if its access protection issue why would it automatic connect after a few min. werid part its random.

• 7. Re: event error 7009
                      ironman12

hi when i try to do the kbb fix you sent my reg doesn't have that folder this is what i see.reg.PNG

• 8. Re: event error 7009
                        ironman12

update i did find the register key  but it was already set to 0. any other suggestion.