2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2016 9:39 AM by kmmoorthy

Deploy McAfee agent from ePO to new systems

kmmoorthy

Hi,

How can we deploy the MA to the new systems which are not present in ePO currently and would need to be installed with MA.

As the systems will be part of ePO only when we install the MA, in that case how can we deploy the agent through client tasks.

Also, can we directly upgrade the systems with MA 4.8 to MA 5.0.2 in a single client task?

One more query is on scan engine upgrade, can we use deployment task to update the scan engine from 5600 to 5800?

It may looks I have added 3 questions in the same discussions, sorry for that but I have to complete these tasks in my environment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Deploy McAfee agent from ePO to new systems
          Dutchman39
          • Create a list of IP addresses (plain .txt file, each IP on a single line) for the systems in question.
          • Place the file in a folder on the ePO server.
          • Create an ePO Task (which can be scheduled to occur middle of the night) to import that file as systems, and deploy McAfee Agent to those machines.
          • If you want to be fancy, you can even create a new tag, such as (new_client), and have that task (above) assign the tag to the imported clients. Then, in the morning, all you have to do is review your system tree for that tag and determine which ones did not 'accept' the agent.
          • Rinse and repeat.

In the meantime, if you are synchronizing from a domain, all domain machines should show up in the system tree. If they do not, check your LDAP synch task to ensure it is running correctly.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Deploy McAfee agent from ePO to new systems
            kmmoorthy

Hi Dutchman39,

Thanks for your response.

I will follow the steps you have provided.

In our environment, there is no sync happening with AD. The systems are added by installing the agent.

Thanks again.