One of the first things that is brought to my attention, is the fact that you have more than one Security Application\Anti-Virus installed. Which will definitely conflict with your McAfee Software, even cause issues when attempting to install.
At any point during your attempt to install,did the McAfee\Truekey Installer prompt you that you had (incompatible) software installed and needed to be removed? Even 'Windows Defender' is incompatible as it contains Anti-Virus capabilities in 'Windows 10'.
This is my assumption. I will tag an expert from the 'Truekey Team' and hopefully he can add to the discussion.
During the Interim, you can always contact Technical Support free of charge 24/7
https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact Phone\Online Chat being the quickest.
marcd Could you kindly add your expertize to the discussion please?
All the Best,
Although, what catdaddy is suggesting to be related to antivirus issue, is entirely possible, in general when an antivirus is blacklisting an application it should be flagged as such when the scan is ran. So for the time being, I rather concentrate with the application itself and if that does not work we can then see other troubleshooting avenues.
Having said that, one of the issues I see is with the installation as it is possible that the install files are corrupted.
You can try to uninstall it but my guess is that there is still traces of TK on your system.
Please go ahead and with the following steps you will get rid of True Key on your system completely:
1) Uninstall the existing TK and/or YAP versions. Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs. Select “Intel Security True Key” from the list and click Uninstall.
2) Check if the folder C:\Program Files\McAfeeYAP is present. In case it has files inside run uninst.exe. Some old YAP versions does not show the uninstall in "Add or Remove Programs"
3) After uninstalling from "Add or Remove Programs", delete these folders if present:
- C:\Program Files\TrueKey
- C:\Program Files\Intel Security\True Key
- C:\ProgramData\Intel\Intel(R) Technology Access (used in old True Key versions)
- C:\Program Files\McAfee YAP
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\CSP
4) Check on Windows Registry that there is not any “McAfee YAP” or "True Key” entry. If then, delete them and then reinstall the latest version.
5) Check that Password Box is NOT installed in the same PC you are using for True Key
6) Reboot the system
Once you have done this, please go to www.truekey.com and click on download again and let me know if this time it works installing the application.
Thank you Marc
OK Sami, thanks for your reply.
So I am rulling out for now a corrupt installer. You are behind a corporate proxy/ firewall, are you able to install True Key outside this firewall? If you cannot install it here or on any other device then we will focus more on the error message you are getting but if you can, I will say the firewall you are behind is preventing the installation.
Marking this thread as 'Assumed Answered', since no further feedback. Locking it.