5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2016 11:44 AM by adam

Performance Optimizer 2.1.0 is now available

adam

Performance Optimizer 2.1.0.116 is an ePO extension that collects health metrics about the ePO environment and provides recommendations. It is now available in the ePO Software Manager and the Downloads site for all customers with a valid ePO grant number. We are actively seeking new ideas, so if you encounter a situation that you think Performance Optimizer could help automate or verify, we want to know! This product will be featured in a deep-dive session at the Intel Security Focus conference in early November. Hope to see you there!

Documentation for this release can be found here:

Release Notes

Product Guide

The location in Software Manager is under the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator product:

Performance Optimizer 2.1 release software manager location.png

• 1. Re: Performance Optimizer 2.1.0 is now available
          Troja

Hi,

i got troubles with performance optimizer 2.1. On every EPO server where i installed Perfomance Optimizer 2.1 the SQL Server was not able to accept new client connections any more. I tested this with 4 complete different EPO environment, every time the same issue.

After 1 to 2 days the SQL server process is not working probably any more. After removing Performance optimizer is saw no issue any more.

Has anyone seen the same behavior?

Cheers

• 2. Re: Performance Optimizer 2.1.0 is now available
            Pmaquoi

on my side, i had recently a small issue with one of my sql server after last monthes MS  patches but it was my fault.

this particuliar SQL server was missing the last sql service pack (2008 R2 version). As soon as it has been installed, no more issue (like yours).

• 3. Re: Performance Optimizer 2.1.0 is now available
              adam

Hi Troja,

Could you share which version of SQL Server you are using? If it is SQL Server 2008 R2, does installing Service Pack 3 resolve the issue as it did for Pmaquoi?

Thanks,

Adam

• 4. Re: Performance Optimizer 2.1.0 is now available
                Troja

Hi, i tested with this SQL server Versions.

Info from the EPO Server GUI -> Server Settings -> Server Information.

• Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - 11.0.2100.60 (X64) Feb 10 2012 19:39:15 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Express Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.2 (Build 9200: ) (Hypervisor)
                • sql01-xx.xx.local:Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP1) - 10.50.2550.0 (X64) Jun 11 2012 16:41:53 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) (Hypervisor)

Cheers

• 5. Re: Performance Optimizer 2.1.0 is now available
                  adam

Ok, thanks Troja. At this point we believe the issue is caused by a recent Windows Update that is affecting older service packs for SQL Server. Could you please try the following steps?

1. Install the latest service pack for each of your SQL Server versions
                  2. Install Performance Optimizer 2.1 again and see if the issue persists

Regards,

Adam