3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2016 4:38 AM by eM Ka

Want to remove the VSE from ePO

sree123

Hi All,

I could see many machines are not getting the DAT getting updates even after multiple DAT update task. I presume the VSE on the machine got corrupted.

However I would like to reinstall VSE on those machines. In my environment of 10000+, all machines are not running with the same versions of VSE(ie one machine in 8.7 and another with the latest 8.8 patch 8).

I would like to know if there is a single command that could be pushed from the ePO which is capable of removing the VSE irrespective the versions installed on the machine. As I could see the version needs to be mentioned while running a 'Run client task' for the removal of VSE. We only have latest VSE checked-in in our ePO which makes the removal task from the ePO not successful for the machines running with the previous versions of VSE.

• 1. Re: Want to remove the VSE from ePO
          koseelen

Good Day Sree123

What version of agent are you using ?

DAT update failure could also be a corrupt agent .

Recommendation : log onto a machine where there is a dat update failure . Access the agent monitor , do a collect and sent , update etc , and do a manual update . Chances are there is an issue with the agent communicating with the epo .

Apologies updater component of the agent.

• 2. Re: Want to remove the VSE from ePO
            mcvoodoo

Hi,

I'm afraid I don't know how to do this in one task, but I have been advised by McAfee support that if you set up a task to remove a newer version of VSE, it should remove all older versions of VSE too.  It certainly worked when I tested it out here.

MVC

• 3. Re: Want to remove the VSE from ePO
              eM Ka

Hi,

Please call to support and ask about VSERemoval tool (now it's called MFERemoval) - it's generated once per quarter.

Using this tolol you will be able to remove all entries connected with VSE,

Regards

MK

1 of 1 people found this helpful