4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2008 10:13 AM by monkey79

    Agent Communication Failure - ePO 3.6.1

      We have recently had a problem where our ePO agents have stopped communicating with the ePO server.

      10 September 2008 13:03:21 Error Internet Manager Failed to connect to server sc-apyfepo.corporate.group.local. Check the agent log for more details.
      10 September 2008 13:03:21 Error Agent Agent failed to communicate with ePO Server
      10 September 2008 13:03:21 Info Agent Agent communication session closed
      10 September 2008 13:03:21 Info Agent Agent will connect to the ePO Server in 17 minutes and 50 seconds.

      Anyone have any suggestions where I may start looking for a resolution for this?
        • 1. RE: Agent Communication Failure - ePO 3.6.1
          Section of the Agent log file



          20080910112025 I #1604 InetMgr Failed connecting to site = ePO_SC-APYFEPO,
          20080910112025 I #1604 InetMgr No failover site available.
          20080910112025 I #1604 InetMgr Connecting to site = ePO_SC-APYFEPO,
          20080910112025 I #1604 InetMgr Connecting to ePO Server using NETBIOS name: SC-APYFEPO
          20080910112025 I #1604 InetMgr HTTP Session initialized
          20080910112025 I #1604 InetMgr Connecting to HTTP Server in socket-mode
          20080910112025 I #1604 InetMgr Connecting to Real Server: SC-APYFEPO on port: 80
          20080910112025 I #1604 InetMgr Connected to Real Server: SC-APYFEPO on port: 80. No Proxy used!
          20080910112025 I #1604 InetMgr Uploading package to ePO Server...trial 1 / 6
          20080910112025 I #1604 InetMgr Uploading file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Unpack\pkg00128655156254610000_28027.spkg to ePO Server...
          20080910112025 I #1604 InetMgr Connecting to Real Server: SC-APYFEPO on port: 80
          20080910112025 I #1604 InetMgr Connected to ePO Server: SC-APYFEPO
          20080910112025 I #1604 InetMgr Uploading SPIPE HTTP header
          20080910112025 I #1604 InetMgr Uploading data in bytes: 817
          20080910112025 I #1604 InetMgr Reading acknowledgement from ePO Server
          20080910112026 I #1604 InetMgr File not found, HTTP return code: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

          20080910112026 I #1604 InetMgr
          20080910112026 I #1604 InetMgr Received response [404] from ePO Server
          20080910112026 W #1604 InetMgr Failed to get acknowledgement from Server
          20080910112026 I #1604 InetMgr Upload package trial failed.
          20080910112026 I #1604 InetMgr HTTP Session closed
          20080910112026 I #1604 InetMgr ------------------------------------------------------------
          20080910112026 I #1604 InetMgr Failed connecting to site = ePO_SC-APYFEPO,
          20080910112026 I #1604 InetMgr No failover site available.
          20080910112026 e #1604 InetMgr Failed to connect to server sc-apyfepo.corporate.group.local. Check the agent log for more details.
          20080910112026 e #1604 Agent Agent failed to communicate with ePO Server
          20080910112026 i #1604 Agent Agent communication session closed
          20080910112026 I #1604 Agent Agent communication failed, result=-2400
          20080910112026 I #1604 naCmnLib Random seed = 0x6466****
          20080910112026 i #1604 Agent Agent will connect to the ePO Server in 5 minutes and 16 seconds.
          20080910112226 i #1632 Agent Agent Started Enforcing policies
          • 2. RE: Agent Communication Failure - ePO 3.6.1
            tonyb99
            Have you made any changes since it last worked?
            Are all 3 epo services running on the server?
            If you have dual nics on the server do you have the correct ip in server.ini on server?
            • 3. RE: Agent Communication Failure - ePO 3.6.1
              All 3 services are running, have been stopped and started, has been rebooted all the same..

              No Dual nics, as the server is held on a VMware server, with the database on a separate sql server.

              As far as i am aware, no work has been carried out. Apart from the fact that the Agent Username and Password, was a domain admin, and has recently been taken out and given only a service account status, would this have affected it.
              • 4. Problem Solved
                Seemed I had the answer in my last post.

                Firstly retried the service account as a Domain Admin... This fixed the problem...

                We didnt want the account to be a domain admin so we made sure that this account was made available as an admin on all our PC's..

                Communication to the server has now been restored.