1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2016 10:02 PM by catdaddy

False Artemis!365804462CEC

mj31311

False Artemis!365804462CEC

False Artemis!E3CA8505D3A5

False Artemis!B853624EB374

These three cases were .exe files were detected as false artemis and deleted. They were downloaded from fsxwar.com which makes software for Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

Here is a link to a forum from the site (in French) where other users also detected the false positive and reported it to the developers. I am unable to disable my virus scanner so I would be very grateful if these files could be downloaded without being deleted.

Link removed until McAfee deems the files are safe.

Thank you.

Very Respectfully,

Chatwin Jackson

• 1. Re: False Artemis!365804462CEC
          mj31311

Some additional details:

trojan.png

• 2. Re: False Artemis!365804462CEC
            catdaddy

mj31311,

Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions to help resolve your issues. What To Do When McAfee Detects Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & Appeal

I might add that after submitting your individual detections, you should receive a Analysis ID #.  Please allow 3-4 days for the Labs to Analyze/Process. If not 'Whitelisted' after following Protocol, kindly reply back and provide the Analysis ID. I/We will then contact someone internally at McAfee Labs on your behalf to expedite your issues.

All the very Best,

Cliff

Consumer Products

• 3. Re: False Artemis!365804462CEC
              mj31311

Thank you,

I have emailed each case per the instruction you sent. Unfortunately, my virus scanner is deleting the files instead of sending them to quarantine and I am unable to send them to the lab. So all I sent was "False Artemis!365804462CEC" for each specific case. Is this sufficient or do I need to do more? Thank you again.

• 4. Re: False Artemis!365804462CEC
                Peacekeeper

Disable real time scanning before you download and zip the files. Then after sent reenable it. The problem here is if they are actually malware take care not to open them with RTS off.

• 5. Re: False Artemis!365804462CEC
                  catdaddy

mj31311,

I noticed in your last sentence you stated that you were incapable of 'Disabling' your RTS? Can you not disable it temporarily (Without Opening the Download) so as you can send the files to the Labs?

Thanks,

Cliff

• 6. Re: False Artemis!365804462CEC
                    mj31311

Cliff,

That is correct. I do not have administrative privileges and the admin has disabled any virus scanning settings manipulation. It is highly unlikely that I will be able to contact the admin to make an exception. I am on a government network, if that gives you an idea.

I am 98% sure that the files I'm downloading are not a Trojan virus and the only way I can think to be able to download them is if they are white listed.

I could send the setup.exe installer file that I downloaded which attempted to install the 3 .exe files in my attached image above (the blocked ones). That way the lab could run the setup.exe, get access to the 3 files and then just run the uninstaller.exe once finished.

Thanks,

Chatwin

• 7. Re: False Artemis!365804462CEC
                      catdaddy

mj31311,

Thank you, That should suffice. As that would be what the labs would indeed need.  If you run into any further issues submitting, Kindly reply back and I will assist.

All the Best,

Cliff

• 8. Re: False Artemis!365804462CEC
                        Peacekeeper

Or download them on another PC not on the network. Sorry I missed that comment re unable to disable RTS.

• 9. Re: False Artemis!365804462CEC
                          catdaddy

Hi Chatwin,

Please be informed that I have reached out to one of my Contacts/Technicians at McAfee Labs on your behalf, primarily due to the fact you are making a sincere effort to follow 'Protocol'. Your escalation Ticket Number is as follows Ticket #: AM000674 - False Artemis!.

Hopefully we will hear something in short order. Thank you for being so cooperative.

All the Best,

Cliff/CD

1 2 Previous Next