1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2016 10:58 AM by SafeBoot

devenv.exe

vinodcm

I received an issue from my customer that he facing below mentioned issue .can any one help me out here?

"Currently FRMP on both machines is blocking his ability to install Visual Studio upgrade packages which are essential to carry out his job function.  This started happening after being migrated to the Group Mcafee solution.

We believe that the processes being blocked by FRMP are named  devenv.exe.

Mcafee support has the following KB regarding the issue.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85636&snspd-1015&locale= en_GB&viewlocale=en_GB"

• 1. Re: devenv.exe

you posted in the consumer forum - but this is related to FRP, an Enterprise product - maybe someone can move this to the data protection/EPO encryption group?

Regardless - the instructions on how to resolve this are in the KC article you mention - your customer will need to ask his IT department to make the necessary policy changes. :-)

• 2. Re: devenv.exe
            selvan

Moved to ePO encryption group as a better spot.

• 3. Re: devenv.exe
              vinodcm

thanks a  lot,

as am new to community can anyone help me how to connect with data protection/EPO encryption group?

• 4. Re: devenv.exe

This conversation is now in the right place. The best thing to do though would be to ask a specific question - The one above, you asked and also answered with the correct KC article which describes how to resolve.

• 5. Re: devenv.exe
                  vinodcm

hello all,

what kind of queries I can post in this group

• 6. Re: devenv.exe

You can post technical questions about the EPO managed versions of the McAfee encryption products (DEPC, EEPC, FRP, EERM, EEFF) etc.

• 7. Re: devenv.exe
                      vinodcm

hello ....

thanks. I have facing another issue in laptop

encryption error screen

Mcafee drive encryption   Fatal Error

[0xEE020006] Getting Disk info

in black sceern

encryption error screen
                      Mcafee drive encryption   Fatal Error
                      [0xEE020006] Getting Disk info
                      this was occurred   after Encryption installed and First reboot
                      This laptop required USB 3.0 while installation of OS

I tried to resolve this by EEtech tool but still same issue.....

can u help me here or have to pass it on any other group....

• 8. Re: devenv.exe

since this is a new issue - please start a new discussion, then we can help you - we'll need to know EXACTLY what options you performed in EETech though and what error messages you received.

• 9. Re: devenv.exe
                          vinodcm

facing issue in mcafee encryption

after encryption installed on laptop it crashes after first boot and its showing encryption error message in black display screen

"Mcafee drive encryption   Fatal Error
                          [0xEE020006] Getting Disk info "

this was occurred   after Encryption
                          installed and First reboot

1 2 Previous Next