1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2008 9:00 AM by jet7586

Epo Database

Hi there

Is there any documentation explaining the function of the tables within the ePO database in SQL server.
      I have 17 ePO servers with more than 900 Distributed repositories, and would be helpful in running my own custom queries.

Thanks

Dorino
        • 1. RE: Epo Database
          epo909
          I never heard of any public docs about the table structure.
          However you can open a support case and ask for the tables relationship.

Anyway, I have a lot of custom sql queries that might interest you. What type of query are you looking about for example?
          • 2. EPO 3.6.1 Database Tables
            Hi

Thanks

I have developed software that queries and draws the DAILY DAT status from 20 ePO servers and databases all over Africa and exports it to a Excel worksheet..

So far, it works well. (I have managed to stop people login onto the servers just to generate these stats..WHich was a time consuming process)

Some of these servers have 300 distributed repositories, and would have like to know where the repository data is stored. We need to re-create the database, and would like to find an easy way of "importing" the repositories, than manually re-creating them.

Dorino
            • 3. RE: EPO 3.6.1 Database Tables
              As far as queries is concerned.. Could I take a rain check.. I may need them in the near future ??
              • 4. RE: EPO 3.6.1 Database Tables
                epo909
                Epo repository configuration is not stored on DB, you need to make a copy of SiteMgr.xml from each ePO box.

This may help.
                • 5. RE: EPO 3.6.1 Database Tables
                  epo909
                  The only thing you can query the bd, regarding repository, is their activity (to know what's the most used, for balancing purposes for example), with something like this:

select Sitename, count(*) as actv from productevents
                  where Year(EventLocalDateTime) ='2008' and Month(EventLocalDateTime)='08'
                  and SiteName<>''
                  group by SiteName
                  order by actv
                  • 6. RE: EPO 3.6.1 Database Tables
                    Thanks

This will definitely help.
                    • 7. custom sql
                      hi: epo909

I'd be very interested in any custom queries you have and might be willing to share. I've been charged with building a suite of reports directly from the epo database and i could sure use some place to start. i'm a developer and not familiar with the epo product.
                      • 8. RE: custom sql
                        epo909
                        Sure.

For example, my all time favorite is:

select eventlocaldatetime, productname, productversion,
                        hostname, username, virusname, name, filename, engineversion,datversion
                        from events, eventfilterdesc
                        where events.autoid > (select max(autoid) - 100 from events)
                        and eventfilterdesc.eventid = events.tvdeventid
                        and eventfilterdesc.language = '0409'
                        order by eventlocaldatetime desc

This returns you the last 100 entries of the 'events' table, in which you will find that is the place to be.
                        Even if you have a 20Gb DB (like me) the query time is very fast, so it can be used to output real time info, has a linux root-tail for example.
                        • 9. RE: custom sql
                          thanks. and that was very fast i just tried it.

what tables do you think i'm most intereseted in?
                          1 2 Previous Next