1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 21, 2008 7:31 AM by jsuuronen

    Problems deploying/running ePO agent 3.6

      Hi,

      I'm adding 9 new PCs to our network of 20 or so, and ePo agent (3.6.0.453) refuses to properly install and/or run on the last 5 of them.

      I don't know if it is significant, but the PCs are all HP rp5800s, the first 4 being small-form factor models, and the problematic last 5 are all micro-towers. They're all running Windows XP SP3.

      After joining them to the domain and forcing a group policy update to set the necessary Windows firewall exceptions, I create a new computer object for them in the directory section of the ePO console on our server (3.6.1.166), and "send agent install...".

      The agent, as far as I can tell, is being successfully installed. The installation GUI shows (if I don't suppress it), a "Common Framework" folder is created and populated, and I can run the agent monitor with "CmdAgent.exe /s", but no "M" icon ever appears in the system tray, and the server never updates the computer object in the directory with the "ticked" icon to show that the agent is successfully installed. Unsurprisingly, following on from this, VirusScan Enterprise is not deployed, as we have set ePO up to do.

      I've tinkered with the agent status window and tried the "check new policies" option, and noticed a different result to when doing the same thing on the working machines:

      Working agent:
      Agent Subsystem 21/08/2008 11:49:52 Info Agent will connect to the ePO Server in 60 minutes and 0 seconds.
      Agent Subsystem 21/08/2008 11:49:52 Info Agent communication session closed
      Agent Subsystem 21/08/2008 11:49:52 Info No package received from ePO Server
      Internet Manager 21/08/2008 11:49:52 Info Upload success and no package to receive
      Agent Subsystem 21/08/2008 11:49:52 Info Agent is connecting to ePO server
      Agent Subsystem 21/08/2008 11:49:52 Info Agent is sending PROPS VERSION package to ePO server
      Agent Subsystem 21/08/2008 11:49:52 Info Agent communication session started
      Agent Subsystem 21/08/2008 11:49:52 Info Agent started performing ASCI


      Non-working agent:

      Agent Subsystem 21/08/2008 11:49:39 Info Agent will connect to the ePO Server in 60 minutes and 0 seconds.
      Agent Subsystem 21/08/2008 11:49:39 Info Agent communication session closed
      Agent Subsystem 21/08/2008 11:49:39 Info ePO Server reached the maximum download limit
      Internet Manager 21/08/2008 11:49:39 Info Server reached the max download limit
      Agent Subsystem 21/08/2008 11:49:39 Info Agent is connecting to ePO server
      Agent Subsystem 21/08/2008 11:49:39 Info Agent communication session started
      Management 21/08/2008 11:49:39 Info Collecting Properties
      Agent Subsystem 21/08/2008 11:49:39 Info Agent received REQUEST PUBLIC KEY package from ePO server
      Agent Subsystem 21/08/2008 11:49:39 Info Agent communication session closed
      Agent Subsystem 21/08/2008 11:49:39 Info Package uploaded to ePO Server successfully
      Agent Subsystem 21/08/2008 11:49:39 Info Agent is connecting to ePO server
      Agent Subsystem 21/08/2008 11:49:39 Info Agent is sending PROPS VERSION package to ePO server
      Agent Subsystem 21/08/2008 11:49:39 Info Agent communication session started
      Agent Subsystem 21/08/2008 11:49:39 Info Agent started performing ASCI


      I'm particularly interested in the "maximum download limit" message, but I didn't manage to find any information about that relevant to our situation.

      I'm tearing my hair out now after 2 days of trying to fix this, so hopefully someone will have an idea what is going wrong!

      many thanks,
      Ben