1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2008 11:57 PM by Medusoft

Rollong back action error epo 3.6.1 ->4

Hi everybody,

I am trying to update my epo server from 3.6.1 to 4 but it doesn't work. I have an error message following by a rolling back action.

For your information I am French so I am going to try to be as clear as I can but it is not easy to explain it !

Here is the error message: FAILURE: In RunDTSPackage while running the following DTS package with return code [-2147467259(0x80004005)]: [C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Migration\Mercury Data Import Package.dts].

EPO is running on a 2003 with sql2000 server and everything seems to be properly installed.

Hope you can help a frog !
        • 1. Please
          Any ideas guys ?

Best regards
          • 2. RE: Please
            Bonjour Coulommiere!

Pardonnez moi, mon francais c'est pauvre...

I had a similar problem when I tried to upgrade to ePO4 and to Patch 2. Check your MSI Install log.

I had:
            "1: FAILURE: Unable to connect to the SQL server while running the SQL command.
            InstallShield 09:54:52: Setup aborted"

McAfee have a KB article: 615870

What it turned out to be was...
            When a brand new installation occurs, the install creates the services to use the SYSTEM account security context. Because SYSTEM cannot see outside the server, everything works better if we change this to an admministrative account in Active Driectory setup for this purpose - let's call it EPOAdmin.

Check that ALL your ePO Services are set to run under SYSTEM. I made this change and the problem went away.

I hope this helps!

Bon chance!
            • 3. Steel doesn't work
              Thank you very much but it steel doesn't work.

I really need more help cause I try to see something that can help on the EPO400-install-MSI.LOG.

what kind of error information can help me ?

Sorry but it is quiet urgent, so please help !!!
              • 4. Next step
                Here are all the FAILURE that I found on the MSI log :

1: Unknown failure testing for UDP on the SQL server [SERVER] for instance [] with return code [7]. Trying to connect using port [1433].

1: FAILURE: In RunDTSPackage while running the following DTS package with return code [-2147467259(0x80004005)]: [C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Migration\Mercury Data Import Package.dts].

1: FAILURE: In XCopyFile to copy files with return code [-2147024864].The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
                Source = [C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\logs\*.*]Target = [C:\DOCUME~1\account\LOCALS~1\Temp\NAILogs\EPO400-Troubleshoot\DBLogs]

1: FAILURE: CustomActionData set to bad value []. This value CANNOT be blank.

And in migrzation-error.log file :
                Current User: SYSTEM Error: 0x80004005 EventSource: Migrate: Policy Settings Description: Insert error, column 6 ('TheTimestamp', DBTYPE_BYTES), status 10: Integrity violation; attempt to insert NULL data or data which violates constraints. Source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Data Pump Interface ID: {10010300-740B-11D0-AE7B-00AA004A34D5}

And in EPO400-Error.Ini :
                [ErrorLog]
                ErrorString=FAILURE: In RunDTSPackage while running the following DTS package with return code [-2147467259(0x80004005)]: [C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Migration\Mercury Data Import Package.dts].

If you can help ?
                • 5. RE: Next step
                  It looks like UDP connection to your SQL server is failing.

Check your settings at https://(eposervername):8443/core/config - particularly that the database instance is correct and not blank.

You're using the default port to talk to SQL - make sure that it hasn't been changed to another port by your SQL administrator.

Other than that I'm not sure what else i can offer.

If you have a support agreement with McAfee, I suggest you raise a support call with them straight away, and copy the errors you've found here.
                  • 6. Thank you for your help MilleRJ but ...
                    Sorry for that,

I just sent an email to ServicePortal and I steel waiting for a reply.

First of all when I try to connect to this adresse https://(hostname):8443/core/config I have an error message (seems that apache or IIs couldn't reply).

So the first question is: Do we need apache or IIs for epo ?

Hope you understand
                    • 7. RE: Thank you for your help MilleRJ but ...
                      epo909
                      Check if your db user has DBO rights on the ePO database.

I don't know if you already checked it but there's an article similar to your problem here
                      • 8. Still have a problem
                        Hi everybody,

I tryed to fix the problem with your good advice but I stiil have the same error message.

I uninstalled the epo 3.6 and install the epo 4.0 and it works but all I want is to update from a 3.6.1 because I don't want to lose all the works I did before.

Because it still doen't work, is there a way to import tha old datas from the 3.6.1 to the 4 ?

Merci beaucoup
                        • 9. Still need help
                          Hi,

I only have 1 more question.

Is it possible to import the ePO_ITSERVER tables to ePO_ITSERVER4.

Please helpppp
                          1 2 Previous Next